New Everton Stadium Discussion

The stadium will have some soulless corporate name. I'm happy for the stands to be just East, west, north, south..
Failing that, Dean, Kendall, Southall and one more from Ball, Young, Harvey, Latchford, Gray, Sharp, Stevens, etc.
Also I'd love to see a huge statue of Southall in that seated pose against a post. Maybe outside the southwest corner of the stand so fans could get great shots of him with the city in the background!
Just a thought.
Time to honor our greatest living blue.

The stadium will have some soulless corporate name. I'm happy for the stands to be just East, west, north, south..
Failing that, Dean, Kendall, Southall and one more from Ball, Young, Harvey, Latchford, Gray, Sharp, Stevens, etc.
Also I'd love to see a huge statue of Southall in that seated pose against a post. Maybe outside the southwest corner of the stand so fans could get great shots of him with the city in the background!
Just a thought.
What a great idea ! (Southall stance)

Yes mate it is, reopened last month and our first visit today seeing weather was just awful.
It's supposed to be under new ownership but I recognised most of the staff and management.......and the grub is exactly how it was, I was worried it may have changed.
Prices are not how they were though mate lol Never seen a restaurant as packed on a daytime Tuesday. Incredible.
Awesome. Its always been one of my favourites. I was gutted when it closed.

Need to go and get Salt & Chilli Squid, Cuttlefish cakes, Steak Rolls and crispy OK Chicken with Fried Rice.

😍

Just a thought.

Imho Ball wasn't here long enough, same definitely applies to Gray. Latchford never won anything and Sharp has tarnished his reputation. Young, Harvey, Labone or Royle are the standout contenders to me.

It makes zero sense. Its a new start for us all. I wouldnt like the stands being a HK or SPC end neither. They are Goodison legends in their own ways. North, East, West and South, (upper/lower obvs), and as legends are uncovered at BMD, then think about honouring them with naming stands.

If Kenwright had funded the build, then maybe that would warrant some recognition I guess. But he didnt.
Agree, earn your stripes in the NEW stadium. Time to move on from some of Evertons more divisive history and start creating some new positive stuff that every Evertonian can get behind. The Kenwright legacy can stay with Goodison IMO, for whats its worth.

Just looking at Paul Frost's latest drone video. It is excellent. Thanks for posting, Paul. One thing I notice is that most of the temporary white steels at ground level in the south stand have all gone, leaving just an upright and one at a slight angle at each point where they are located. You can really see how much room there is down below. Plenty of shelter when your are queueing up to get in even when it is chucking it down. Very clever.

On another note, looking at the latest videos, am I right in thinking that the steel work for BOTH video screens is now finished? How much bigger will each video screen be compared to those at GP? My guess is 50% higher and three times as wide.

Will we still be playing from left to right in the second half when on telly?
Without trawling back through the planning PDFs, I believe that the TV gantry is to be in the west stand (though I am open to being corrected on that).

If so, and given you’d imagine we’d kick towards the south stand second half, then we would indeed be playing left to right.

But the players would come out of the tunnel at the bottom of the screen and turn to their right, rather than left as towards the Gwladys.

Without trawling back through the planning PDFs, I believe that the TV gantry is to be in the west stand (though I am open to being corrected on that).

If so, and given you’d imagine we’d kick towards the south stand second half, then we would indeed be playing left to right.

But the players would come out of the tunnel at the bottom of the screen and turn to their right, rather than left as towards the Gwladys.
Cheers for that mate👍 Exactly what i'm thinking too.

It makes zero sense. Its a new start for us all. I wouldnt like the stands being a HK or SPC end neither. They are Goodison legends in their own ways. North, East, West and South, (upper/lower obvs), and as legends are uncovered at BMD, then think about honouring them with naming stands.

If Kenwright had funded the build, then maybe that would warrant some recognition I guess. But he didnt.

Agree, earn your stripes in the NEW stadium. Time to move on from some of Evertons more divisive history and start creating some new positive stuff that every Evertonian can get behind. The Kenwright legacy can stay with Goodison IMO, for whats its worth.
Disagree yes its a new start but the past is what i want this club to be again and i would prefer we had something. Like pictures outside while going into the stadium of the teams of the past ect, going towards the current trqm now.Would put it up for a vote for fans to see if we would want a stand named after a legend. 100% agree that kenwright should have no part in the stadium name, i have no problem with a stone outside for him showing his time as chairman ect. Just think is still alot of fans who have watched them teams in the 80s and past of stories to kids ect, is why i want that to have a part in the new stadium. Is what nsno and what i want this club to aim to get back