Bill Kenwright

What gets me is the father of modern day everton and what is that. Ask any from ask any fan that has watched this rubbish not winning at anfield can go on and on. Is a joke that the media is again insulting this fanbase headlock 2.0 that we dont have a right to question his time here, can all agree he has done nice things charity ect but us as a fanbase is on how the club has been ran him and moshiri both have blame
Hopefully and I'm sure there will be a respectful minutes applause for a good evertonian and a good man .but his chairmanship of our club for twenty odd years has been an utter disaster

I think Evertonians have been remarkably restrained so far and will probably remain so until his funeral which is very respectful to him and his family and I would expect nothing less.

No one doubts his achievements in the world of theatre,his support for the Hillsborough campaign or his various acts of charity in and out of football.All of those matters stand up to scrutiny and show his heart always trumping head when others would probably have demurred.

From my perspective his actions as Chairman of Everton Football Club don’t fit with what many equally passionate Evertonians would have done if they were the owner of our club.

The time for that debate is not now but it can’t be held back for long and the focus has to be on the facts that are in the public domain about his stewardship of our great club and not rose tinted eulogies from friendly journalists who have universally failed to scrutinise what has been happening in the corridors of Goodison Park since 1999.

Hopefully and I'm sure there will be a respectful minutes applause for a good evertonian and a good man .but his chairmanship of our club for twenty odd years has been an utter disaster

There should be absolutely not be a minutes applause. Why as a fanbase and club should we want to celebrate a man who very nearly ran us into administration, let Russian gangsters into the boardroom and outright slandered supporters by inventing false assault accusations?! It would be like the RS wanting to honour Hicks and Gillette, how do you think that would go down?

He was a stain on this football club and the quicker he's forgotten about entirely the better. A big public applause like that before a match is essentially saying 'thank you' to him. Thank you?! After all of the above? It would be head-shakingly depressing, just like it was when people stood up and applauded his smug, lying grid back in 2011. I'm going tomorrow and if such a thing is planned then I'll be heading to the bogs.

It's been a week now, those of us who refrained for a bit to give his loved ones time to grieve, and have watched and listened to the tributes, should be able to state our view again now. It is not immoral/insensitive to want nothing to do with honouring this man.

Last edited:
There should be absolutely not be a minutes applause. Why as a fanbase and club should we want to celebrate a man who very nearly ran us into administration, let Russian gangsters into the boardroom and outright slandered supporters by inventing false assault accusations?! It would be like the RS wanting to honour Hicks and Gillette, how do you think that would go down?

He was a stain on this football club and the quicker he's forgotten about entirely the better. A big public applause like that before a match is essentially saying 'thank you' to him. Thank you?! After all of the above? It would be head-shakingly depressing, just like it was when people stood up and applauded his smug, lying grid back in 2011. I'm going tomorrow and if such a thing is planned then I'll be heading to the bogs.

It's been a week now, those of us who refrained for a bit to give his loved ones time to grieve, and have watched and listened to a lot of the utterly misguided tributes (some of it nauseating) should be able to state our view again now without being lashed as immoral/insensitive.
Bill who???

It's been a week now, those of us who refrained for a bit to give his loved ones time to grieve, and have watched and listened to a lot of the utterly misguided tributes (some of it nauseating) should be able to state our view again now without being lashed as immoral/insensitive.
I’m wasn’t a Kenwright fan but Jesus Christ the applause (if it is one) would be to celebrate his life and mark his passing not ‘thank him’ for what he did or didn’t do for the club

It’s more than likely going to be a silence anyway imo

I’m wasn’t a Kenwright fan but Jesus Christ the applause (if it is one) would be to celebrate his life and mark his passing not ‘thank him’ for what he did or didn’t do for the club

It’s more than likely going to be a silence anyway imo

A silence is something I'd have far less problem with tbh, is a more subtle of acknowledging a passing without passing an opinion. And if the players want to wear armbands then fair enough, that's a personal choice for the..

When it comes to celebrating his entire life, that's what funerals or the like are for. A round of applause is something more commonly done when someone leaves a place, a way for othet people to express their gratitude. No thanks, Evertonians have nothing to be grateful towards him for.

Kenwright unfortunately was out of his depth. No one denies he loved the club just as we do but he had the idea that no one could run it as good as himself. That was his mistake. Jobs for the boys was sentiment rather than being business minded. Then to protect himself from any backlash from the fans he made up stories rather than saying how it is then as a complete turnaround he would fabricate stories such as the fire certificate milarky and the ring fenced finance over Kings Dock. So out of depth with his lies that he would only employ Yes men. He was desperate at the end but he was still adamant that Everton as a club could not run without him to the possible detriment of others not taking over the club. He had to be centre of attention and pulling the strings regardless of who took over. Moshiris fault was agreeing to Kenwrights terms of keeping his hands on the steering wheel

A minute's silence as a mark of respect for a life well lived would be appropriate.

I think friend and foe alike should be able to observe that with dignity. There will always be a few drunks who can't control themselves, but so be it.

A minute's applause is another thing altogether. It can be misconstrued as a statement of gratitude - which is not something all of us feel for his chairmanship.

I'm all for allowing Bill's people a chance to send him off with dignity. However, I draw the line with his cheerleaders abusing the respect of his detractors and using the temporary omerta to rewrite history, propagate false narratives and take a pop at opponents.

It's been a week now, those of us who refrained for a bit to give his loved ones time to grieve, and have watched and listened to the tributes, should be able to state our view again now. It is not immoral/insensitive to want nothing to do with honouring this man.
Have no problem people not doing it and if they decide just to keep silent during it is fine. Everyone has a right to pick i just dont want abuse or boos during it and have the media ect all jump on us and they do want us to do this just waiting for a bad reaction. got what i have wanted at the club a change in the board so i have moved on

A minute's silence as a mark of respect for a life well lived would be appropriate.

I think friend and foe alike should be able to observe that with dignity. There will always be a few drunks who can't control themselves, but so be it.

A minute's applause is another thing altogether. It can be misconstrued as a statement of gratitude - which is not something all of us feel for his chairmanship.

I'm all for allowing Bill's people a chance to send him off with dignity. However, I draw the line with his cheerleaders abusing the respect of his detractors and using the temporary omerta to rewrite history, propagate false narratives and take a pop at opponents.
Think just safer just incase does get boos ect just avoids it, i have said i have moved on from him now and hopefully is the change we have needed for a long time. I wont forget his time here and wont be fooled into thinking it was good time

Yep

Exactly.

The online Auction of Everton shares last week saw 52 shares sold to two seperate buyers at 3'700 pounds each.

In theory his wife/daughter have 6.5 million worth of Everton stock. Seeing as how it ended, I can't imagine they will be overly sentimental about holding onto them.
So just two seperate buyers bought those shares @ £3,700 that's a total of £192,400 . A fair wedge of money however it was split. I wonder (a) who would invest that amount of money and (b) why do EFC shares keep rising in value given that we are the worst run club in the history of footie ?