Match Thread Everton v Luton Town - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Absolute embarrassment, but one positive, another goal and the full 90 for Dom. The goons that booed him off with a fractured cheekbone a few weeks ago just need to do one. He‘ll be firing on all cylinders soon and we’ll improve.

Dark times but, we‘ll get better. Can’t get any worse.

42 years being an Everton fan and last season the board alienated themselves from the fan base. With that result, now the manager, coaches and players have too.

A loss I can take, but showing pride fight and effort has always been the bottom line, and now we don’t even get that.

Is there anything left at this club worthy of anyone’s support?
If no one at the club has any pride or wants to put effort in, why should we?

There are no excuses, anywhere to hide and no one else to blame. The manager, coaches and players should be held completely accountable, That result and performance was a disgrace.
Life is too short to give time money and emotion to a bunch of fraudulent spineless talentless clueless lazy cowards!!

So it was his fault?

We were much worse after he was subbed
I advocated taking him off at half-time; I advocated replacing him with Harrison. But my God, the second half we were fluffin' awful - never looked like scoring.

We looked scared to do anything but pass around at the back and then play a hopeless diagonal ball that drifted into a position to conmfortably clear.

The second goal was a disgrace in terms of attacking the ball, staying with your man and actually defending.

Second half was the epitome of huff and puff with little end product.

Did the Luton keeper even make a save? Beto got himself about but couldn't direct two decent header chances. Only other chance I can remember was Calvert Lewin firing into the side netting near the end.

Poor considering Luton decided from pretty much the 50th minute just to defend their lead.

Created enough chances to have won that game.
Young should have cleared and poor marking for the second goal.
I think the goals will come for Beto. Just needs a little more composure.
Disappointing that. Thought that was a nailed on win, after the last 2 games
But this is Everton.

Second half was the epitome of huff and puff with little end product.

Did the Luton keeper even make a save? Beto got himself about but couldn't direct two decent header chances. Only other chance I can remember was Calvert Lewin firing into the side netting near the end.

Poor considering Luton decided from pretty much the 50th minute just to defend their lead.
I was chatting to a pleasant enough Luton fan on the way home, and he correctly remarked, "We were never going to score, but neither were you."

Dyche is clearly not part of the solution to this team. What a gift of opening games to start to season -

Fulham @ Home
Villa @ Away
Wolves @ Home
Sheffield United @ Away
Arsenal @ Home
Brentford @ Away
Luton Town @ Home

4 points from that is an absolute disgrace.

Having said that, I have no idea what the answer is. But Dyche should in no way be a part of it...

Status
Not open for further replies.