2023/24 Jarrad Branthwaite

…I have no doubt the ‘big boys’ will be circling from January. If he doesn’t sign a new deal before next summer, we need to ensure we get big bucks for him.
We need to sort this out. We are aware that there has been interest previously in him and he is currently showing what he can do and I keep hearing pundits say how impressed they are by him. Need to make sure if/when he does go it's for a decent fee that works for us.

Can’t believe Dyche keeps playing his favourite and this exciting prospect can’t get a sniff…
Very promising signs from the young fella for the last 12 months now, hopefully he will keep improving. Gives silly fouls away every now and again but he already looks far superior and composed to Keane and Godfrey in the centre. Pacy, excellent passing range, very good positioning and good in the air, maybe Godfrey could be converted to a left back again because Branthwaite has made the position his already. Well in Jarrad.

We're going to have a job on our hands in trying to convince him to sign a new contract.. lol

….he might agree to a new deal with a release clause or an agreement he can go next summer if he wishes.

It would mean at least doubling his salary which would be an attractive proposition to him and enable the club to get top dollar whenever he leaves.

….he might agree to a new deal with a release clause or an agreement he can go next summer if he wishes.

It would mean at least doubling his salary which would be an attractive proposition to him and enable the club to get top dollar whenever he leaves.
Do we have any legitimate(-ish) info about his wages? What's he on currently?

Doubling might be a double edged sword for our situation, but maybe a big enough bump with a good enough signing on fee/bonus will sway him, and we can probably insert a ridiculous buyout clause should people want to undercut us again...

Great potential, good performances. You can almost watching learning each game in real-time.

Hope we play him a lot this season but am ready for his inevitable departure owing to our finances.

A great season, England call-up and hopefully 60+m next summer.

Do we have any legitimate(-ish) info about his wages? What's he on currently?

Doubling might be a double edged sword for our situation, but maybe a big enough bump with a good enough signing on fee/bonus will sway him, and we can probably insert a ridiculous buyout clause should people want to undercut us again...

…I have no idea but I have it in mind that circa £30k was mentioned with this current deal. He won’t have been on much at Carlisle, so his first contract here will have been a big hike even if it was small by PL standards (guessing £15k per week).

He looks like he’ll be on big bucks not too far in the future.