777 Partners - Revised Poll Added 07/05/2024

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
The idea of a consortium of clubs run under one umbrella is a very modern way to run a club.

The thought of us using those clubs like Liege, Seville or Genoa to blood youth and move players into the first team is an amazing and modern way to gain an advantage against other bigger funded teams.

However I see not once single scrap of evidence that 777 Partners have invested into the structure of those teams mentioned but their initial payments.

I see these for a group to pick off the assets of clubs and pay out their investment group and nothing else. No up side or no positive.

We need a takeover but these are not the group we need
It seems like a powerful way to engage in legalized financial doping. Have a scattergun recruiting strategy at the lower clubs, identify the cream of the crop, pass it up the ladder at well below market rates, retire it to MLS.

There are elements of that comprehensive strategy in football today, but no one has put the whole thing together. City's already doing that with aging players, plenty of clubs are crawling all over the US with self-financing, pay-to-play youth academies figuring they'll turn up some gems (which is why our player quality is improving), and so forth.

These are not the guys who will execute that strategy. They're Wolf of Wall Street types.

Look I'm not gonna lie here mate I don't fancy these guys either but we have to look at motive.

Surely the appeal of buying Everton right now is that we are in a mess on and off the field so you can probably get us for a bit of a discount. On the horizon you have a state of the art stadium that will be a good revenue stream with the likes of increased matchday income, gigs, internationals etc.... provided of course the stadium funding is secured and part of that is Everton staying in the Premier League.

Now to achieve that, there would have to be squad investment to keep us competitive, be that from 777 themselves or outside investment they bring in, surely?

So coming back to motive, what can be their motives if they have no intention of putting in at least the base amount of money the club needs to succeed?
We were owned for years by Bill Kenwright, he didnt invest a single penny into the club.

We didnt go down.

Their motives are to hope we get a Moyes and milk the fanbase dry.

The idea of a consortium of clubs run under one umbrella is a very modern way to run a club.

The thought of us using those clubs like Liege, Seville or Genoa to blood youth and move players into the first team is an amazing and modern way to gain an advantage against other bigger funded teams.

However I see not once single scrap of evidence that 777 Partners have invested into the structure of those teams mentioned but their initial payments.

I see these for a group to pick off the assets of clubs and pay out their investment group and nothing else. No up side or no positive.

We need a takeover but these are not the group we need
Would we likely be the flagship club ? I'm honestly ambivalent at this stage as I've no grounds to base any opinion on and no expertise in the world of fondling.

*finance

We were owned for years by Bill Kenwright, he didnt invest a single penny into the club.

We didnt go down.

Their motives are to hope we get a Moyes and milk the fanbase dry.

Yes. In truth they lose an enormous amount by being relegated.

Burnleys owners, who also did a leveraged buy out (potentially worse than 777 may do) have spent a huge amount this summer. In no small part because being in the PL is.the big prize. Its counter productive to lose that.

I doubt there will be much ambition beyond that. The other concern, is while we will be the number 1 in their portfolio at this point, what happens if they can get AC Milan, or Arsenal, or Atletico Madrid etc. We stop being the most important.

We'd fit in well with their portfolio, standard Liege bottom 3, vasco de Gama 3rd bottom, Hertha Berlin 2nd from bottom, Sevilla bottom. All traditionally successful teams.

Surely to God these turds floating down the river toward us are the only ones out there?
There must be other parties interested in a premiership team with decent fan base and a brand spanking new stadium in the making?
I know it's been run by simpletons but they wouldn't be here anymore.
I pray to God a Saudi consortium steps up

Surely to God these turds floating down the river toward us are the only ones out there?
There must be other parties interested in a premiership team with decent fan base and a brand spanking new stadium in the making?
I know it's been run by simpletons but they wouldn't be here anymore.
I pray to God a Saudi consortium steps up
I think we're probably in more trouble than we know. All those saying careful what you wish for were proved right