777 Partners / Whatever the hell you like

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with much of the sentiment here. I firmly believe that Moshiri and Kenwright are the worst owner and chairman pair in football, easily. Terrible businessmen and terrible footballing minds.

Literally anyone is an improvement on them. Anyone. 777 have some experience in running clubs, some good, some bad, they cannot be as bad as Moshiri and Kenwright have been for us though.

I genuinely don't care who comes in, all I care about is getting Moshiri and Kenwright out, the utter parasites. The worst case scenario is the Americans want to take us and turn a profit, which means they need some sort of success with us or make us worth more which doesn't come with "asset stripping" or allowing us to get relegated.

With respect to the other clubs they have ownership of, Everton are a different beast. Even with Sevilla there's no denying Everton will far and away be their biggest club and most profitable with PL TV money, they'll focus on running us right because we'd be the cashcow.

Again, no one can possibly be worse than Moshiri and Kenwright.

If the reports are true and it’s a full takeover the end of Moshiri / Usmanov is something good almost irrespective of who comes in.

Let’s be honest, a lot of people have looked the other way and there’s been no smoking gun, but their ownership arrangement is deeply shady at best and in the light of the sanctions if anything were proven we could literally just be shut down. It’s not even a chelsea situation where everything was out in the open- it’s what Moshiri and Usmanov are hiding that’s the scary part.

Getting those two gone is absolutely imperative.

I'm afraid there have been lots of examples where fans have thought similar and it's gotten worse. Let's hope this draws out other buyers before it gets inked and if not that 777 see us something they can flip immediately for a profit once the stadium is built. These people will only be concerned with making money for themselves and we're a club that needs help rather than more money going out.

I would only see this in any way, shape or form as a positive is if we are totally out of cash and the build is about to halt and we run the risk of administration.

I'm afraid there have been lots of examples where fans have thought similar and it's gotten worse. Let's hope this draws out other buyers before it gets inked and if not that 777 see us something they can flip immediately for a profit once the stadium is built. These people will only be concerned with making money for themselves and we're a club that needs help rather than more money going out.

I would only see this in any way, shape or form as a positive is if we are totally out of cash and the build is about to halt and we run the risk of administration.

I think that is the risk.

Is this bad then?
The devil's in the details.

If Moshiri walks away with pennies on the dollar, it's probably a positive for the club despite how loathsome these creatures are. That deal would just be a quick in-and-out killing to take advantage of Moshiri's distressed cashflow position. Financing costs would be modest, they could afford to invest in the squad a bit to ensure we stay up, and they would be able to secure enough against assets to ensure BMD gets completed. They sell on once BMD starts kicking out revenue to someone with deeper pockets for whom the club is now attractive, and laugh all the way to the bank.

That's probably not what's happening here. Moshiri is probably selling to snakes in the grass with similarly shady funding because it gets him the lowest haircut on his "equity". If they're willing to pay over the odds on Moshiri's investment, in context the most likely explanation is that their funding isn't clean, which means the spigot could turn off at any time without warning.

In that case, we've traded high leverage and an inability to complete BMD for high leverage and a possibility of completing BMD. It won't improve our sporting situation, and it will make matters worse in administration should 777 fail to have the ability to follow through.

That's fair

I don't know enough to comment on this, but again I would find it strange for any buyer to come in if they knew they could not fund an almost complete construction project. That would also end up harming their own investment.

In fairness, most owners would not want to fund the stadium. But they may have a funder lined up to do so.

I agree with much of the sentiment here. I firmly believe that Moshiri and Kenwright are the worst owner and chairman pair in football, easily. Terrible businessmen and terrible footballing minds.

Literally anyone is an improvement on them. Anyone. 777 have some experience in running clubs, some good, some bad, they cannot be as bad as Moshiri and Kenwright have been for us though.

I genuinely don't care who comes in, all I care about is getting Moshiri and Kenwright out, the utter parasites. The worst case scenario is the Americans want to take us and turn a profit, which means they need some sort of success with us or make us worth more which doesn't come with "asset stripping" or allowing us to get relegated.

With respect to the other clubs they have ownership of, Everton are a different beast. Even with Sevilla there's no denying Everton will far and away be their biggest club and most profitable with PL TV money, they'll focus on running us right because we'd be the cashcow.

I hate Kenwright with a vengeance and the fact that balloon is still there is a disgrace and as for Morshiri well my thoughts are just as bad as if blue bill.

How bad can it get ? Well based on what I have read about these guys it’s a case of be careful what you wish for.

Mind you that’s true of almost all owners

I'm not buying these reports.

If Moshiri was selling at a discount I think MSP would come back into the fray. They already have a loan on the stadium build so could use that as leverage.

Potentially they offer Moshiri in the region of 150 million in cash and they take on the current debt and the bill to finish the construction of the stadium.

Quite clear Moshiri has no access to his funds in Russia so wants an out.

This literally is what’s happening.

Don't 100% agree with this.

If it's leveraged we'll instantly have a £500+mill debit against the club. Think Glazers

Our current debt is about £150mill. The £700mill pumped into the club is from Moshiri's back pocket not against the club (could be wrong).

So if it did happen...it's not good.

If Moshiri was selling at a discount I think MSP would come back into the fray. They already have a loan on the stadium build so could use that as leverage.

Potentially they offer Moshiri in the region of 150 million in cash and they take on the current debt and the bill to finish the construction of the stadium.

quite possibly another play going on here in the background and this is a smokescreen as all happening really fast !

I know nothing about 777 but don’t blame Moshiri for getting out as quick as he can.
I have no problems with him either, he pumped hundreds of millions into the club and got a new stadium underway, more than other chairmen ever done.
He obviously doesn’t know how to run a club or is being advised wrongly but to put him in the same category as Bill is ridiculous.
Moshiri got more money purely through sponsoring a training ground than Bill ever spent of his own money in his own time here.

They never had the funding to make a full, up-front purchase. It also wasn't what they wanted. Their deal was a 150 million loan with the upside of its convertibility to equity should Everton become worth something again. That 'stock option' had a zero dollar value, but that's often the case with executive stock options unless the company performs.

Sure, it came along with a roadmap to a full sale, but the club would have had to hit certain marks along the way.

There haven’t been many examples where the “owner” has been a patsy for a sanctioned overseas oligarch, the patsy has been denied UK banking facilities due to his associations, and is unable to provide any further cash to keep the business afloat.

The situation probably isn’t far off your last paragraph if Moshiri stays. Any new owner, even 777 who are almost the bottom of the barrel, will at least stave off the existential threat we are facing.

I hope someone better steps in, I really do, but right now it really is a case of anyone being better than what we have because what we have is killing us.

Status
Not open for further replies.