Relegation 23/24 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Despite getting a point, if anything I feel that game has reinforced my belief we will be right down there all season. The amount of chances we gifted to a team which creates so little was alarming. Beto was a definite positive, but everything else was alarm bells.

I don’t understand how anyone can see that as a point gained. If we’d picked up a couple of wins or even one win from our previous games then you could say it was a decent result. As it happens we didn’t. So it was a dreadful result.

Well if we manage to actually win a football match at any point in the near future then I’ll be more confident we can take it to the final day again.
50 50 whether we can stay up again for me. I'll have a much firmer opinion around the end of November

We are absolutely terrible but we were terrible last year too and stayed up, so its a 50 50 right now.

Two seasons ago, I thought we'd go down with about 10 games to go. Last season, I thought we were doomed when we left it too long to sack Lampard, but make no mistake, we deserved to go down, we fluked it.
This season, I thought we'd go down before a ball was kicked, and despite a decent ish transfer window, I've not changed my mind.
I'm not a big Dyche fan, but that's irrelevant. Until this club rids itself of the cancerous Kenwright years, and Moshiri naffs off on his flying carpet, Everton are ultimately doomed, because any new manager would have to deal with the same chaos.
We've spent years joking 'at least we're not Villa', but now we are. Can someone please ffs give me a reason to restore my pride in this club, because at the moment it's an imposter.

Think you will be 4th bottom - the promoted sides are utter gash - I actually reckon you will be safe by the end of April.

The 3 promoted sides are the worst I’ve seen in a long time, Burnley are trying to play proper football in the Orem with inferior players to virtually every other side - a recipe for disaster.

Luton and Sheff U are running on grit alone - they’ve zero Premier league quality though.

4th bottom, but no real drama this year
Yep...easiest season to stay up despite the board not willing to spend money. Kompany can be the first manager sacked I reckon. We will then have to see who else comes in his place. If we manage to stay up, we will need to invest serious money in the summer as the competition will be harder.

Yep...easiest season to stay up despite the board not willing to spend money. Kompany can be the first manager sacked I reckon. We will then have to see who else comes in his place. If we manage to stay up, we will need to invest serious money in the summer as the competition will be harder.

The problem with sacking Kompany for them is the fact they've signed several players from Belgium just to satisfy Kompany. Recipe for disaster, that.

Status
Not open for further replies.