2023/24 Vitalii Mykolenko

Very lucky to stay on for 75 minutes. Useful reminder that although 38 and being inconsistent, Ashley Young is still a better option at left back. Embarrassing.
Ashley Young is probably our best LB, RB and RW. Sure he'd do a better job a CB than a lot of our options.

I've tried really hard to like Myko & always looked for the positives. Unfortunately he only has one useful quality. He can block a shot quite well.
That's it though.
He can't pass, he can't cross, his positioning is suspect, he's scared to play forward, he's too lightweight, he has zero voice, his once decent shooting is nowhere & the sooner he is properly replaced by someone who can hold down the position for the next few seasons the vastly better off we will be.

I dont hate him or anything but he does absolutely nothing. The U21s left back could do at least an equal job as him.

Assuming we have one, knowing us we dont.

I was hoping he would do well given the problems he has back home, which must be a distraction, but it seems he isn’t very good sadly :(

Both our young full backs are way off the mark for PL . Our geriatrics Coleman and Young at least know what to do even if they don't always have the legs to get there. Dismal.