2023/24 Sean Dyche

Like 20% of his games have been as a centre forward and there's a reason for that, he's a left winger, it'd be another Gray situation. Square pegs in round holes.
Weird how Brighton agreed to sell us Maupay for £15m. You forgot this bit from eggs post mate

Keane shouldn't be near the team. That's on Dyche. 5 man midfield at home and the striker can't score. That's on him. Not changing it at half time or earlier in the 2nd half. Thats on him.
Danjuma trying to rally the team immediately after the goal, they all looked crestfallen and defeated. That is also on him.

Needs a big improvement.

He set up how he does, solid, but he puts in players who have repeatedly shown they are either not good enough or have a match losing mistake in them, and sure enough those players let him down, but he doesn't sub them because it means he's wrong and he can't have that.
Totally agree, if he keeps picking certain players they will end up get him the sack

While all that is true he keeps picking the same option. Couldn’t believe cannon didn’t get the last 10mins. Dyche would rather keep old trampoline shins high up the pitch as we try and chase a goal. Dinosaur

….we created enough chances through the way we played. I was impressed with how many players we got forward and how easily we opened Fulham up. It was a bit different after they scored and sat in.

Criticism of subs is valid so I won’t defend Dyche on that score but I was more encouraged by him than discouraged. I think he has a chance, I don’t mind him at all.

Keane shouldn't be near the team. That's on Dyche. 5 man midfield at home and the striker can't score. That's on him. Not changing it at half time or earlier in the 2nd half. Thats on him.
Danjuma trying to rally the team immediately after the goal, they all looked crestfallen and defeated. That is also on him.

Needs a big improvement.
I thought the CBs played really well today aside from Tarkowski playing a little keeper at the end there. And not just the usual backing off but some actual defending up the pitch, squeezing the game and cutting out attacks before they're threatening. It was clearly something they've worked on.

Danjuma, Dobbin or Cannon would have converted one of those easy chances withoubt a doubt.
Ye but do they do jobs in other areas that they're supposed to? There's a reason those lads aren't chosen first. Dyche doesn't think Maupays just class. He obviously is the best option for how compact and disciplined he wants the team

I thought the CBs played really well today aside from Tarkowski playing a little keeper at the end there. And not just the usual backing off but some actual defending up the pitch, squeezing the game and cutting out attacks before they're threatening. It was clearly something they've worked on.
Nah Keane bad. No nuanced takes here, please.

Yo

Mad take this

He got that team today creating chances, more than i've seen in a while, I think he'll do fine with players who are actually a improvement. He's utilised DCL fine when he's been in the team and we look much much better when he is!.

Calling for Lopetegui who's just walked out cos of lack of funds, would stay clear of him!

I can see why you think it is and it maybe borne out of frustration. But I stand by what I say re Keane, Iwobi and Maupay.

If we get better players into the team then of course he deserves a chance but I do feel its a valid concern re having chermiti, DCL, Danjuma plus two others.

Do you honestly see him dropping Iwobi for any of those?

How can he also not trust Keane enough to play v Bournemouth but start him today?

I may also be pedantic but playing Garner on the right is a total waste of his talent too. He should be built around as opposed to shoved on the wing.

Keane though.

I can see why you think it is and it maybe borne out of frustration. But I stand by what I say re Keane, Iwobi and Maupay.

If we get better players into the team then of course he deserves a chance but I do feel its a valid concern re having chermiti, DCL, Danjuma plus two others.

Do you honestly see him dropping Iwobi for any of those?

How can he also not trust Keane enough to play v Bournemouth but start him today?

I may also be pedantic but playing Garner on the right is a total waste of his talent too. He should be built around as opposed to shoved on the wing.
I hope was nust because danjuma was not fit to start but agree garner and iwobi out wide dont give us any width. Has make changes next game not expecting us to bring anyone in before villa. But maupay must be dropped nust crqzy still same problems

…I don’t believe that in 3 windows there isn’t an effective striker in the world who Everton could buy. He apparently tried to buy Bilal Toure for £30m, yet he was purchased last summer for £8m. Those players are out there. I’m not saying it’s easy, but he’s paid lots of money to have knowledge of global market, to have contacts across the world, to identify players that fit the budget (and the pay structure).

There really isn’t any excuse. It’s a nonsense when posters say ‘it’s too difficult”. Weird how Brighton agreed to sell us Maupay for £15m.
I never understand why we aren't actively recruiting from the South American leagues.
This club has a great history & standing in that part of the world.
Clever clubs do it around Europe even Chelsea , City and lately clubs like Brighton do it.
It's a continent full of talent if only you do your homework & invest some money.

….we created enough chances through the way we played. I was impressed with how many players we got forward and how easily we opened Fulham up. It was a bit different after they scored and sat in.

Criticism of subs is valid so I won’t defend Dyche on that score but I was more encouraged by him than discouraged. I think he has a chance, I don’t mind him at all.
I think this is a fair assessment. There is still a clear trajectory of improvement under Dyche and if we can carry on that improvement with two key attackers we'll be fine. It's on others to do that.

It's not a high bar but that team performance today was better than anything we saw last season under Lampard other than maybe the home game against Palace when for one game only we learned to play football.