Summer transfer window 2023

I was musing on our signings and rumours so far this window and had a bit of a lightbulb moment. I am sure Red Kev sat down with the requirements at the start of the window for all the positions we needed to strengthen and then looked at the budget - shocking mismatch!!
So the strategy would be to fill the gaps with either older free agents (experience)or very raw young (inexperienced) professionals from the continent, on loan if possible. I think the rule is 2 loans from UK and 2 from outside but will await correction.
Non UK loans:
Danjuma
Etikite

UK Loans:
Sulemana
TBD

Free Agents:
Young

Within the constraints of the rules this would also have to be a volume approach due to the potential for hit/miss in this part of the market so we could see several younger signings for the same role.
The outlier to all this is someone like Gnonto, Chermiti or EBT - Maybe there is room for one signing circa 20M-30M or maybe the calculation works if we drip feed the cost across 5 years. Either way this approach would suggest that after Chermiti we would only hope for 2 more signings and they would both be attackers.

Really hope our patience is rewarded by the end of this window. Certainly seems like we have had targets lined up for a while but, as always, have to wait for the moving parts to align. With the constraints we're under, no surprise its taken (is taking) a while.

Some flight from Leeds to Liverpool
IMG_0861.jpeg

Willy is on his way…

I was musing on our signings and rumours so far this window and had a bit of a lightbulb moment. I am sure Red Kev sat down with the requirements at the start of the window for all the positions we needed to strengthen and then looked at the budget - shocking mismatch!!
So the strategy would be to fill the gaps with either older free agents (experience)or very raw young (inexperienced) professionals from the continent, on loan if possible. I think the rule is 2 loans from UK and 2 from outside but will await correction.
Non UK loans:
Danjuma
Etikite

UK Loans:
Sulemana
TBD

Free Agents:
Young

Within the constraints of the rules this would also have to be a volume approach due to the potential for hit/miss in this part of the market so we could see several younger signings for the same role.
The outlier to all this is someone like Gnonto, Chermiti or EBT - Maybe there is room for one signing circa 20M-30M or maybe the calculation works if we drip feed the cost across 5 years. Either way this approach would suggest that after Chermiti we would only hope for 2 more signings and they would both be attackers.

you with zat?