Summer transfer window 2023

Refuse to be excited by any rumours

We are a shambles in the transfer market.

If this new rumour is true why only now?
Sounds to good to be true. Surely we can’t go from booting balls up to Gray or Maupay for a year to the team that has loads of hungry strikers on the bench complaining to the media about lack game time.

If Kev pulls off a genuinely sensible move like that on a cleverly structured loan/obligation it would probably be time to admit he’s actually quite good. Paid for next summer by an inevitable Onana sale. Would almost look like a plan.

Does seem a bit random for such a seemingly good idea to crop up so late in the day.

So we are going for players we have probably never scouted properly but just because they are available.

If we have scouted him properly and he is on our list then why haven't we tried this deal 7 weeks ago?
It's not like we had the license to spend freely. These sort of things probably rely on a few deals falling into place like in our case selling Gray to Fulham or them getting a striker in which they just have done.

Sounds to good to be true. Surely we can’t go from booting balls up to Gray or Maupay for a year to the team that has loads of hungry strikers on the bench complaining to the media about lack game time.

If Kev pulls off a genuinely sensible move like that on a cleverly structured loan/obligation it would probably be time to admit he’s actually quite good. Paid for next summer by an inevitable Onana sale. Would almost look like a plan.

Does seem a bit random for such a seemingly good idea to crop up so late in the day.
I would say we are interested but why only now?? It screams of zero planning and scouting instead we are just bouncing round the market with no idea of player profile.

That sounds too good to be true. Great prospect.

This would fall under the 'masterstroke' column.

I think this lad will go to West Ham, revenge for Onana.

If he looks at both teams he'll see Onana as having slotted into the Belgium 11 and hopefully both want to play alongside him as well as seeing that he may get French caps following the same route.

Come on EG , even I've heard of him.
Let's put it this way , Zat will be getting a large roll of toilet paper.
:eek:

This Ekitike lad looks alright. Nearly 28 full games (2,515 mins) in Ligue 1 with 13 goals and 8 assists. That’s a contribution every 75mins.

Loan with option to buy might sting us though because PSG paid €28.5m for him and they’ll wanna make that back.
Would be next year of course when we'll have a lot out of contract and the stadium revenues on the horizon.

You'd like him though Zat?

Not seen him at PSG but took an interest when he was at Reims. Playing as the 'main man' there he looked an incredible prospect.

I suspect playing for us hed highly benefit in a counter attacking setup -- being a good dribbler, quick, tall and can score from all angles.

For Newcastle to have had him as their main choice...having made some great signings also gives some condidence.

A loan with option would be a head falling off moment.

I would say we are interested but why only now?? It screams of zero planning and scouting instead we are just bouncing round the market with no idea of player profile.

PSG only signed Ramos yesterday so it seems like a quick move to me...