Summer transfer window 2023

It's not really sad, he's simply just not good enough for Manchester United and the way they play, they're arguably the third best team in the league. He's still a very good player clearly, he just gets exposed at that level.

Find it very weird how some don't want "cast-offs" from much better clubs despite the fact they'd clearly walk into our team blindfolded, if we could sign Maguire we absolutely should, he went for £80m which was an overpay but he still clearly was fantastic for Leicester and a lot of the time at United too. He won't come to us though, he'll have better offers on the table.
Possibly because we’ve had our fingers burnt regarding cast offs from bigger clubs.
Gomes
Walcott
Iwobi
Mina

I agree about the big fee. I don't see United getting what they are asking for. But I can see why Moyes is after him and has made a 20 million pound bid for someone that would become West Ham's best defender.

He will have to take a pay cut as well, there's no way West Ham will match his 180k a week either. Both United and Maguire will have to get real if they actually want to facilitate a move.
Our days of Pay big fees and salaries to 30 year olds are over

Everton change tack after Gnonto rebuff​

Everton could give up on their attempts to sign Wilfred Gnonto.
They are facing decision time in their pursuit of the 19-year-old winger after having multiple approaches rejected by Leeds, and could now be forced to turn their attention to other targets.
One option they are looking at is a loan move for Kamaldeen Sulemana who they tried to sign from Rennes in the January transfer window, before he opted for Southampton.
He went on to make 10 Premier League starts, scoring two goals on the final day of the season in the 4-4 draw with Liverpool.
Brokering a deal for Gnonto is still not beyond the realms of possibility.
However, for it to happen there needs to be a dramatic change in attitude from Leeds, who have consistently knocked back Everton’s advances.

Got told about 3 weeks ago by a Man Utd mate that McGuire to Everton was on and I just laughed and said Utd would have to pay 90% of his wages, so interesting to see it being mentioned now, might be something in it?
Nah, that'll just be what Utd fans always do with their crap players. As soon as Utd have underwhelming players their fans ALWAYS suggest selling them to us. Mainly because we usually oblige by hoovering up all their rubbish.

E.g. every time I hear a Utd fan slag off Fred, they say 'he's an Everton-type player.'

And don't get me wrong, Maguire is not as bad as people make out, but he is essentially a more reliable Michael Keane. Needs avoiding at all costs. We bring him in, it will cost us a tonne and he'll block Branthwaite's path. Branthwaite is an upgrade on the Keane style CB and Solet that we've been linked with is a pacy, dynamic CB who would be a massive upgrade on Godfrey. That's what we should be going with.

Gray is pony, don't mind seeing him shipped at all, let Fulham and West Ham tear themselves to shreds trying to get him through the door.

DCL, Chermitti, Danjuma, Iwobi, Dobbin plus An Other will do me.
We'd go down with that. Would need another wide player (I think 2 personally) and a semi-decent striker to be your AN other (I.e. not Che Adams) at the very least.

I personally think we should sign a decent wide man AND a young Chermiti style signing for the wing, as well as the decent striker.