Summer transfer window 2023

What are we thinking...

After Chermiti we should have £10-12mil left from the El Bilal bid.

Move Gray on for £10-12 and were at £20-24mil.

Gbamin perhaps £1mil and Gomes could fetch £5mil from Saudi so £26-30mil.

For that kind of money it may stretch to Iling Junior + Wharton.

Really could do with 2 of Holgate, Godfrey, Keane to be sold to get the cash rolling.
Honestly think that Wharton would be a brilliant signing....very different from what we already have in midfield.

I'm only using PL stats, they're the only ones that offer a fair comparison.

I'd be disappointed if we spent wages on him.

View attachment 220476
So a goal or assist in every 4.11 games. I’d take that considering that’s better than nearly all our players over the last 2 seasons.

Gray on g/a every 3.2 in PL. Selling Gray for profit is helpful to us, Traore does a similar job but we can also use the money to bring in another forward while having a squad option who offers similar to what gray does. (Obviously dependant on wages etc)

Last edited:

You know that’s not how transfers work, right? We don’t have the value they go for. We don’t sign for the value they want.

Fee mooted at £17.1mil

Everton insist on Samuel Iling-Junior transfer already after Youssef Chermiti

Everton are already insisting on the transfer of Juventus attacker Samuel Iling Junior, according to Gazzetta Dello Sport.
The Italian newspaper has reported in its print edition [01 August, pg 5] that Nottingham Forest are another Premier League side interested in the English wonder.

A lot of moving parts and still a lot of work to do to make us better than last season.

Deals in and out will drag on. My concern is still that we'll be left with too much to do by the deadline and will be short again.

Gossip, rumours, and links are all fine but they don't amount to anything until squad numbers are filled.

Honestly think that Wharton would be a brilliant signing....very different from what we already have in midfield.

He certainly looks spicy, reminds me of Garner attitude wise.

I think he and Garner, with Onana anchoring would be tremendous to watch as a fan. Just the development of that midfield would be interesting to me.

Wharton id expect would be rotation, like Gana off the bench but massive potential for a reasonable £15mil fee.

We need a striker ! A proper one not a kid cutting his teeth or a promising prospect from Blackburn!

In terms of centre forwards, if we can bring in Chermiti then i think it may be more prudent to strengthen midfield (central and attacking).

If we could shift some players then for the type of forward id want it would need £40mil+ to bring them in....

Fee mooted at £17.1mil

Everton are already insisting on the transfer of Juventus attacker Samuel Iling Junior, according to Gazzetta Dello Sport.
The Italian newspaper has reported in its print edition [01 August, pg 5] that Nottingham Forest are another Premier League side interested in the English wonder.
Wonder if we've checked he's even interested.

Probably be an idea like.

A lot of moving parts and still a lot of work to do to make us better than last season.

Deals in and out will drag on. My concern is still that we'll be left with too much to do by the deadline and will be short again.

Gossip, rumours, and links are all fine but they don't amount to anything until squad numbers are filled.
Agree, obviously, but it does feel like it's speeding up a little. I'd be happy with a deal done before Fulham....Dia for preference....then the deadline day loan scramble. Enough to keep us up with an eye on development would be better than I'd hoped at the beginning of the window

GET IN THE SEA!
1690874636190.png

Fee mooted at £17.1mil

....obviously a central striker is priority but I think I like this lad more than Chermiti.