Summer transfer window 2023

Paul Joyce’s article this morning told us the constraints on Thelwell when he pointed out Almeria were prepared to do a deal with a very low down payment but that most other clubs were not. EBT was likely not our first choice he was just the first one where we could find a workable deal. This is because cash raised so far has gone towards director compensation, stage payments on past transfers and operating/stadium cash flow.

So we either have to find people willing to pay real £ for Maupay, Gray, Holgate, Gbamin et al (bar Gray we will be lucky to get loans) or we are stuck looking at loans, frees or teams willing to sell for inflated fees in exchange for a low initial payment. There are always lots of teams competing in this pond.

I am not convinced Thelwell is the right guy with the right connections and experience to turn us around but anybody would be struggling trying to operate under such restrictions.

We should be blaming Moshiri and Kenwright, not Thelwell and Dyche IMO.
Agreed. However there are ways of generating funds or finding loans or frees he's had a few years now the position we are in is known finding solutions is part of Thelwell's job.

I'd take Iheanacho all day personally, if he's available at the kind of prices reported. He can hold the ball up and is a decent finisher. Considering that last season we had quite literally zero players who are good in front of goal, adding him with Danjuma would instantly make a big difference.

Even if we want someone like Toure as well, I'd still try to get Iheanacho.
Iheanacho isn`t a striker that will be all action and running all over the place, he is a player who will only chase balls that he feels he can profit from like Lukaku who was labelled lazy, which is why I think Iheanacho will get the same label unfortunately.

That Jebbison thing isn't even new its from a Liverpool echo article this morning saying we had looked at Jebbison as a long term target. Unless this is a new piece of info?

It seems a strange one just looking at his career but they seem to really like this jebbison kid they’ve been after him for years now I hope they’re seeing something that other teams are missing.

I give up on Everton transfers and news. At this point we don’t acquire the targets we should due to our DoF. We’re after terrible signings and at this point in time will be fighting for relegation this season.

Gnonto - no go
Toure - no go

As usual no plan B and will make panic buys again at the end of the window.

We should have had a CF lined up weeks ago.
Big Bird has got to go!!