Confirmed Signing Joao Virginia

Status
Not open for further replies.

His distribution needs work, but I always think we've been absolutely spoiled with Pickford who is comfortably top 5% for distribution.

Virginia made some decent stops and looked sharp. More than happy with him as back-up. Will need experience though.
If he stays as no2, training with Pickford will surely help his distribution too
Play him both cups, not as good as a loan but still experience

Not sure I’m on board here. This guy worries me as a number 2. Betting the house on Pickford staying fit.

His distribution needs work, but I always think we've been absolutely spoiled with Pickford who is comfortably top 5% for distribution.

Virginia made some decent stops and looked sharp. More than happy with him as back-up. Will need experience though.
Don’t think I have ever watched a goalkeeper kick the ball out of play more than Pickford. When he gets it right he’s great but he gets it wrong a lot.

What's peoples thoughts on this lad? I'm a bit surprised that they seem to be going with him as second choice myself it seems like a big gamble to me just hoping we never have to use him. I like having an experienced second goalie who you know can come in if you need them to it seems like a big step down from people like Olsen and Begovic based on what I know of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.