2022/23 Dele Alli

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair play takes some absolute kahonies to come out and talk as in depth as he has. I hope it brings him closure and helps him to achieve what he looked like he was going too a few years back

Why not? Aren't Everton as sympathetic to their players situation as you expect Spurs to be? Shouldn't Everton just cough up the ten mill? It'd be the nicest thing to do for the player at this moment in time, but unfortunately you seem to expect Spurs to be the charitable party.
But Spurs WOULDN’T be being charitable.

Everton simply aren’t in a financial situation currently where they can gamble £10m on Dele coming good with only 7 games of leeway, however much we might want. So Spurs won’t be getting their £10m. He’ll either go on loan or won’t play.

Extending the clause to 17 games gives enough leeway for us to give him a go, and see if he looks like turning it round here, which would see Spurs getting their £10m, with the added bonus that if it doesn’t work out and we sell for money in January, they get a slice.

You seem to be seeing it as Spurs giving up £10m, when it’s actually increasing their chances of getting some money.

Honestly reading through this thread a bit is actually upsetting. We have a depression and general mental health page on this forum, I’ve used it myself but some of you lot probably scoff at it or worse.

Should be ashamed of yourself if you’re not 100% behind this poor lad after his struggles. He not only needs help and support, he bloody deserves it after what he’s been through. This is far bigger than football itself, this is a human being.

We could “help” him by finding him another club that will allow him to build his career again whilst also not harming us financially.

With the fees involved potentially raising to 40m we simply cannot afford the risk …

Cutting him off and discarding him would be the “cruel” thing to do and could damage his life and I would not condone that…

So I feel that supporting him finding a good club and a manager that will support him is the best for everyone

But Spurs WOULDN’T be being charitable.

Everton simply aren’t in a financial situation currently where they can gamble £10m on Dele coming good with only 7 games of leeway, however much we might want. So Spurs won’t be getting their £10m. He’ll either go on loan or won’t play.

Extending the clause to 17 games gives enough leeway for us to give him a go, and see if he looks like turning it round here, which would see Spurs getting their £10m, with the added bonus that if it doesn’t work out and we sell for money in January, they get a slice.

You seem to be seeing it as Spurs giving up £10m, when it’s actually increasing their chances of getting some money.

Spurs gave away an asset previously valued at £80m. I think they might have already accepted there's a chance they'll get no money for him tbh.

Well I hope everything is going to be positive for Dele from now on.
He has to focus and do the job on the pitch for which he is generously remunerated.

With the state we’re in as a club, I really didn’t think we could afford to take a chance on playing him before today and I wanted him off the books. But if he’s seeing this season as a positive part of his rehab, getting himself playing at a good level again, then I think he’s worth the gamble.

He doesn’t have to hit his previous heights to improve our team and, if he does achieve some drive and consistency, he’ll be a better player for £10m than anyone else we’re likely to attract for that cash.

Reactions: SJB

We could “help” him by finding him another club that will allow him to build his career again whilst also not harming us financially.

With the fees involved potentially raising to 40m we simply cannot afford the risk …

Cutting him off and discarding him would be the “cruel” thing to do and could damage his life and I would not condone that…

So I feel that supporting him finding a good club and a manager that will support him is the best for everyone

I think part of that will be playing him this year when he's ready for game time. And probably accepting that the £10m fee is ours to swallow.

Then we see where we are at the end of the year. Unfortunately the £40m fee that we could incur probably means we can't offer him the stability he needs.

If he is able to get match ready, which he seems eager to get to that point. I think his role in the squad will be as back up to the role doucoure has been playing.

Honestly reading through this thread a bit is actually upsetting. We have a depression and general mental health page on this forum, I’ve used it myself but some of you lot probably scoff at it or worse.

Should be ashamed of yourself if you’re not 100% behind this poor lad after his struggles. He not only needs help and support, he bloody deserves it after what he’s been through. This is far bigger than football itself, this is a human being.

Well said mate.

I think part of that will be playing him this year when he's ready for game time. And probably accepting that the £10m fee is ours to swallow.

Then we see where we are at the end of the year. Unfortunately the £40m fee that we could incur probably means we can't offer him the stability he needs.

If he is able to get match ready, which he seems eager to get to that point. I think his role in the squad will be as back up to the role doucoure has been playing.

And hopefully more than that, because on his day he's got more to offer than doucoure

Status
Not open for further replies.