CM: Onana / Wharton / Gana
CM: Garner / Scott
LW: McNeil
ACM: Doucoure / Gnonto
RF: El Bilal / Mills
CF: Balogun / DCL / Cannon

Ins: Young / Wharton / Scott / Gnonto / El Bilal / Balogun / CB on loan

Outs: Keane / Holgate / Dele / Gomes / Gbamin / Gray / Iwobi / Maupay

Very unrealistic but at the same time we have long term foundations in place across the pitch and follow the Dyche 'transition' positive approach with skill pace and goals.
Could use some cover for McNeil at LW there but I believe Mbappe is for sale.

Players in general need replacing and i forgot Gbamin, Gomes and Dele also :(

In my somewhat 'exciting' scenario we'd go into the season with:

GK: Pickford / Virginia
LB: Mykolenko / Young
CB: Branthwaite / Godfrey
CB: Tarkowski / New
RB: Patterson / Coleman
CM: Onana / Wharton / Gana
CM: Garner / Scott
LW: McNeil
ACM: Doucoure / Gnonto
RF: El Bilal / Mills
CF: Balogun / DCL / Cannon

Ins: Young / Wharton / Scott / Gnonto / El Bilal / Balogun / CB on loan

Outs: Keane / Holgate / Dele / Gomes / Gbamin / Gray / Iwobi / Maupay

Very unrealistic but at the same time we have long term foundations in place across the pitch and follow the Dyche 'transition' positive approach with skill pace and goals.
Well better to be a crazy dreamer than a miserable merchant of doom. If half of that comes to be then I'd be happy

Whoever we are linked with, some on this forum will criticise just to try and be edgy. It’s the default position for some, Everton can never do anything right in their eyes.

We should be trading players intelligently like other teams do: ignores the sales of Gueye Richarlison Gordon

We should be buying young players: just as long as they’re not called Patterson Branthwaite Garner Onana McNeil or Gnonto

Yeah there's no denying we have made a lot of mistakes, but we do also get things right.

Gbamin is the big one that stands out for me, we sold Gueye at the right time and replaced him with a highly rated talent from the Bundesliga for less money than what we sold Gueye for. It was just rotten luck his career was ruined by injury.

If we kept Onana we'd need 1 CM. Sell and we need 2 CM. Wharton apparently £15mil and Scott apparently £25mil. Thats £40mil gone from any Onana fee already.

Would that put us in a better position than were in now? It depends on how each of them develops, Onana could become world class and the 2 English lads (and Garner) may become England players.

In addition we also need lets say, Gnonto, El Bilal Toure (who id use RW) and a CF.

Thats pretty close to having a new team build over 1.5 years.

£75mil+ especially as Brighton are stuck at £100mil and Chelsea £80mil.

If we keep Onana another year we'll comfortably be able to ask for 50 + mil next summer imo. I think right now he isn't worth it to a lot of clubs as he has only been here a year, hasn't excelled (not that he's been bad), and any suitor would have to at least give us 40 mil

If we keep Onana another year we'll comfortably be able to ask for 50 + mil next summer imo. I think right now he isn't worth it to a lot of clubs as he has only been here a year, hasn't excelled (not that he's been bad), and any suitor would have to at least give us 40 mil
Guess it comes down to finances but I'd stick with him as he did ok in a dysfunctional team.

With Garner back fit perhaps Dyche can change his role a bit.

I'll take £60m plus Broja

Id be trying to include Hall, Colwill and Chukwuemeka.

Id fly back to the UK and be "headlock man" if we sold below £65mil. Id be thinkimg seriously about buying a ticket if it was below £75mil.

Guess it comes down to finances but I'd stick with him as he did ok in a dysfunctional team.

With Garner back fit perhaps Dyche can change his role a bit.

Yeah I think so, think it would be a shame to cash in on him right away as 1 we won't make that much of a profit and 2 we did see flashes. With a full year and pre-season under his belt he could really kick on.

Id fly back to the UK and be "headlock man" if we sold below £65mil. Id be thinkimg seriously about buying a ticket if it was below £75mil.

haha I agree in principle mate, but just being pragmatic, just can't see any club lobbing that much at us for him. We're intrinsically in a weak negotiating position given you can easily argue we need the money.

In short, I don't think he'll go and I'm glad because I'd like to see him here for at least another year or two