Summer transfer window 2023

Don't see how that much for a fullback is in the budget
Like anything for us at the moment, it all depends on the structure of the deal - how much is paid upfront etc.

Unless you are talking a total transfer fee of £50m plus, it is unlikely to instantly rule us out for players. But I expect us to spend next to nothing because we will prove incapable of the required level of negotiation to secure all these players.

*cough Chairman Bill.

If we had players like Pickford and Tarkowski who could play pretty much every game it wouldn’t be much an issue
No it wouldn't. But it would also require a load of players like James Garner - talented footballers who can genuinely play in multiple positions.

My concern is that Dyche will apply this attitude to our God-awful squad.

Also, seems patently obvious that Toffeenut was referring to De Ketelaere. On loan, with option to buy according my source.

Time will show if your right
This is my this years player I do not know anything about but am now desperate to sign!
Dont watch any of his time at ac milan then is a risk but the lad did show promise in belgium.
I'd be amazed if we had more than one player in for the start of the season.

If that's the case, it's going to be a long ride as we will have written off a huge chunk of points.
Be shpcked if that is the case would be murder here, if they let that happen again

At 25, and with less than a year on his deal he could have dug in and told Coventry he'd only go to a Prem team.

It wasn't only us interested. We and others evidently just weren't paying the fee Sporting wanted.

He can go and enjoy playing in Europe, just like Welsh football teams enjoy it. He could have played in the Prem - now he'll enjoy playing Vizela, Estrela, Farense, Chaves, Estoril Praia and co. Yeah, me either. I had to Google who play in that league.

That gives me question marks over his temperament. Choosing to go to Portugal at 25 when there's options - not just Everton - in the Prem.
Tad unfair if you ask me. I’d wager if you were to survey all 25 year old footballers born outside England if they fancied Sporting, European nights, and living in Lisbon over playing for a current state Everton or Forest, 70% if not more are going to choose Sporting.

Like I said, not much help in the immediate situation really. Barely more than a bonus paid on John Stones: a player we sold 7 years ago.
Screenshot_20230707_222645_Twitter.jpg

We can't release them, they both have a year left on their contracts. We have to pay them that years wage unless another club comes in and signs them, but, even if that happens, I'm sure we would end up paying a decent percentage of their wages.
If we get an offer of £2.5-£3m and offer to pay half their wages for the last year of their contract we`ve affectively got them off the books for nothing whilst saving their wages.