Summer transfer window 2023

That’s the Rodrigo fee sorted.
Exactly it’s worked out well for Thierry Small since leaving us for relegated Southampton as the next best thing! 18 games, 4 for Port Vale and 14 for St Mirren yet he couldn’t see a pathway into Everton’s team! Grass is not always greener and 18 year olds don’t always make it and we don’t have a pot to piss in

Could be said about us too (apart from the farm bit).

Our reputation for young players is at an all time low. Lots of parents are loath to send their kids to us nowadays and the kind of activity we've seen in the last year of us desperately trying to get rid ofbour young talent, or the young talent desperate to leave, combined with constantly hirning managers who don't trust young players is going to really hurt us.
I know for a fact morale is low amongst Everton's scouting.

How do you know parents are loath ro send players to us ?
Who told you this .?
It's a pretty well known fact that Everton have a really poor reputation for developing youth nowadays. I work in education and have heard this a few times. A fair few talented kids' parents do not want their kid joining Everton - including some who are Evertonians!! Some have been in our academy and withdrawn them to go to better clubs- even if it involves travelling to further parts of the country.

Ask around - you'll hear similar. I presume it's one of the reasons we headhunted that fella from Southampton, to get us back on track.

Ground breaking this Dave.

We've just had a full restructure of the scouting system.

Tell me more.
No, I dont mean because of any internal review in terms of bettering the situation, I mean staff disgruntlement per se.

The club is not a happy house. It simply isn't from what I can gather.

No, I dont mean because of any internal review in terms of bettering the situation, I mean staff disgruntlement per se.

The club is not a happy house. It simply isn't from what I can gather.
You're not telling me all these new scouts Thelwell has painstakingly put together are pissed at the club within weeks.

Now the hierarchy is a different story.

Serious question

How are we seemingly more skint than this time last year?
I think in previous years our issues have been FFP & P&S. Whereas, we look to have more or less got that on track.

Think the issue now is that the money has been pulled after what happened with Usmanov. Think I read that a lot of Moshiri's money is tied up elsewhere because of the knock-on effects of that. What little he has (that he is prepared to spend on us) is directed toward the stadium. The club makes no money commercially and still has a crippling wage bill. There appears to be little cashflow available. Seem to be absolutely brassic.

Our biggest problem is the bench, and having no back up for DCL,
2nd problem is CB, is Branthwaite good enough?
3rd problem is RW, need a player who can cross
4th AM, need a back up
5th LB, need a back up

Other than that, in an ideal world we would be getting better players in all positions.
You say backups, the first team is the reason we nearly got relegated, I don't see how it looks any different next year if we're relying on those same players

Selling off all of our youth prospects because our finances are a mess and our esteemed board can't generate commercial revenues and have already sold most of our first team assets. What a club. I'll give Kev this he's getting some decent fees for kids. With Simms we are looking at eleven million in sales