Summer transfer window 2023

Gyokeres said the other day that he hoped Coventry would consider his wishes and not simply try to maximise the price. Given who he is linked with I read that as a pretty clear hint he fancied Lisbon. I cannot blame him. He would probably earn less but be in a league he could dominate, playing in the Europa League and all in a wonderful city with great climate, culture and food.
He’ll be retired for 50 years, imo he’d be much better taking those sweet sweet PL wages while he can, and at 25 there might not be another chance if he doesn’t stand out in Portugal. Then when he’s 35 and rich he can live in and enjoy any city he likes.

23 year old, forward/left winger. We could pick him up for a few million

I watched him live in April when I was the st Johnstone Vs Aberdeen game.

He’s at best lower - middle championship team player. Would be hounded out of goodison as he’s half the player bolasie ever was.

A motivated Alfredo Morelos on a free transfer is a good deal. He has really bad disciplinary issues, but he's a decent player, who works hard, holds the ball up, and scores goals.

I can't understand why he's allowed himself to get so out of shape. He phoned in his performances last season, but you'd think he would have kept in shape in an attempt to entice other clubs into signing him?
Has he ever scored against Celtic? Can do it v St Mirren etc. but we should be nowhere near this guy

If we are cash strapped we have to start thinking outside the box. Signing that MLS striker (Vazquez) in January makes a certain amount of sense as we get an instant lift of goals mid season without being forced to pay January window inflated fees. In the meantime we ought to try for players like David Datro Fofana on loan who could fill the hole left by Big Rom years ago

I watched him live in April when I was the st Johnstone Vs Aberdeen game.

He’s at best lower - middle championship team player. Would be hounded out of goodison as he’s half the player bolasie ever was.
Would you say Gray is better?

Because when I've seen him only twice (TV) I've been impressed with his work rate and determination made him stand out

We have a decent frost 10 fixtures… we need all our transfers done before the season starts… can’t afford to waste fixtures because we are still waiting for deadline day to sign whatever cast off striker becomes available on the last day
Agreed. 3 games to be played before the Window shuts.

3 winnable games too

Agreed. 3 games to be played before the Window shuts.

3 winnable games too
On how many occasions did we say that last season and the season before and the season before and...?

They may be 'winnable' but we don't currently have the squad or team balance to do something as achievable as winning three on the bounce. Hopefully, a few correct additions to the squad during this transfer window may provide encouragement in this regard but I ain't counting no eggs at this moment in time.

EFC have a list and are working tirelessly all through the Summer.

nail_biting_stress.png