Summer transfer window 2023

You wrote a statement as if it was a fact. So the logical response to that is to ask where the info is from -- now youre admitting that it was solely your opinion.

No idea on emojis or spitting my dummy out as you say i dont remember your posts....i simply think people who dont rate Onana are either; stupid and dont have any clue about football, dont understand statistical analysis or dont support Everton.

Its quite frankly disturbing to see him play and read negative opinions on him.

Brighton apparently want £75mil now for Caicedo while Onana has superior stats.

I could swallow that if Thelwell used it on 2 new top notch u23 players.

The longer we hold onto him the greater profit for FFP.

Everton players almost never get "hyped in the media".

If any Everton player is being hyped in the media theres a reason for it.
Behave yourself. It's a forum and I stated my opinion. In future should I preface all my posts with "In my opinion" so as not to ruffle your delicate feathers? That's the idea of a forum everyone's different opinions are aired and debated. You post as if you are some kind of expert and your opinion is the be all and end all and it's not. Also most of your posts come across to me as a miss mash of other people's opinions you have read and used to make yourself look like the fountain of knowledge. Do me a favour and don't reply to my posts in future I think you are a clown. Go and bother someone else.

Our policy this summer with outgoings should be very much a case of "if in doubt, then sell..."

We hardly have any quality players. I'd argue almost everyone should be for sale at the right place. We need to overhaul the squad and to sign goalscorers, so we need a decent amount of money.
we need at least 2 strikers. A potential starter (given we can't rely on Dom) and back up. That may be Simms, or that may be Cannon. It won't be Maupay.
We need a LB and I'll be honest i think that needs to be a first choice LB.
We need a creative midfielder - Maybe that'll be Dele but I doubt it.
We need potentially 2 wingers. We only have McNeal, Gray and Iwobi - and Iwobi tends to play centrally more often than not.

let's say in a perfect world someone buys one of Godfrey, Holgate or Keane then we may need a CB (i still think that might be Coady coming back)
And then you look at Colemans age and Pattersons injury record - we may need a RB too.

This is a massive summer and if we don't get this one right we will go down.

I agree and to behonest, you can normally pick up a decent keeper, as there is always a good one (even internationals) needing to first team football, due to the fact the first choice isn't often dropped. But we need to get the high earners who aren't playing off the books. Getting player wage costs down will go a long way to sorting out out problems. Like most on here, I loved Mina, but no one can say finacially he was good signing. A lot of wages for very little game time. Gomes and Ali will be the ones who need to be gone as quickly as possible.

Having said that we need to replace all these players as well. We can't have threadbare squad with two keepers( No idea why they do that, surely giving one of the kids first team squad experienc would do more good?) and one missing on the bench every week. But the new players shouldn't be on fortunes that make it impossible to sell the players on if they don't make it. I would hope we get a few younger players that could be later sold on, for a profit.
I know we don't want to sell players but that's what we need to do. Buy cheap and sell high. Easier said than done of course, our recruitment has been shocking and to make that work model work then the whole scouting system would need revamping. Maybe Thelwell has already started that process but we wouldn't know as we never hear anything from the club.

On Abraham -- just saying how interested we were. Hopefully this is true and we can move onto someone else quickly

Forza Roma say ‘the eyes of the Premier League’ have been on Abraham, with ‘Everton above all

Looks like he won’t be moving, nasty knee injury, the photo is not nice

See clubs are starting to make waves in the transfer market early, whilst we ponder, consider, mull, interested etc over players then scramble around on deadline day.

It's boring Everton, start acting like a proper club just for once

Whoever we sign as a striker, we need them to be scoring a MINIMUM of 10 goals. Then whoever we bring in to add some creativity, we need them to be scoring a MINIMUM of 7 goals.

That's MINIMUM demand, but the above will ensure we win a few more tight games.

Maupay, Simms and DCL, 4 goals through the season.

Will Weghorst get us 10+ goals? I can't see it myself and we've had 2 good sample periods from Burnley and Utd so it has to be a no. No point in signing anyone who doesn't have a goal in them.

See clubs are starting to make waves in the transfer market early, whilst we ponder, consider, mull, interested etc over players then scramble around on deadline day.

Pal come on...it been just over a week ha.

Coady,Vinegar and Mina futures have already been sorted and am sure there is stuff going on behind the scene.

Behave yourself. It's a forum and I stated my opinion. In future should I preface all my posts with "In my opinion" so as not to ruffle your delicate feathers? That's the idea of a forum everyone's different opinions are aired and debated. You post as if you are some kind of expert and your opinion is the be all and end all and it's not. Also most of your posts come across to me as a miss mash of other people's opinions you have read and used to make yourself look like the fountain of knowledge. Do me a favour and don't reply to my posts in future I think you are a clown. Go and bother someone else.

Stopped reading there. No idea who or what youre trying to be lol

Behave yourself lol lol lol You absolute oblong.

we need at least 2 strikers. A potential starter (given we can't rely on Dom) and back up. That may be Simms, or that may be Cannon. It won't be Maupay.
We need potentially 2 wingers. We only have McNeal, Gray and Iwobi - and Iwobi tends to play centrally more often than not.

let's say in a perfect world someone buys one of Godfrey, Holgate or Keane then we may need a CB (i still think that might be Coady coming back)
And then you look at Colemans age and Pattersons injury record - we may need a RB too.

Jack Clarke of Sunderland has been linked for £15mil. At first i thought he could be back up to McNeil but if you watch his 20mins highlights on youtube he looks decent.

9goals 12 asssits and only 22.

Right footed left winger...perhaps he could compete with McNeil or switch to the right.

I think we could happily sell Gray and Iwobi (both have 1 year on their deals) for £20mil+ and sign Clarke to clear £5-10mil+

i dont see Gray playing much for Dyche and Iwobi needs to go so could be interesting business to be done.

Looks like he won’t be moving, nasty knee injury, the photo is not nice

Yes exactly. The article was saying that we were most interested -- so if the money is there we should move on quickly.

he only had to be linked with Everton and he gets injured. The curse is getting stronger
lol

What you are saying there and i agree with you is 4-5 first team players, we also need some sort of quality on the bench or even just to actually fill a bench without 2-3 goalkeepers unless we improve the bench were going to struggle yet again to rely on the first 11 over the season, just hope Thelwell has been using the past 9 month searching for players within the budget he should know we are going to have or close to it.

I mean, we will 100% wait until any takeover deal is done. And by the sounds of it, we have very limited budget. If that’s the case, we would be sensible making sure we use it wisely, even if it takes a little longer.

I would imagine we also wait until July anyway, just for P&S purposes.

On Abraham -- just saying how interested we were. Hopefully this is true and we can move onto someone else quickly

Forza Roma say ‘the eyes of the Premier League’ have been on Abraham, with ‘Everton above all

We need to have some resiliency in key positions.

We could have gone all out for Abraham and then in the first game he does his ACL and we’re right back to having a relegation standard front line.

We need a group of 3 or 4 PL quality strikers, and wide men who can score from out wide and perhaps cover central striker (like Richarlison could)

We need to get away from these single points of failure in the team ‘oh Mina is injured then Keane plays and you might be relegated’ ‘DCL is missing so it’s a kid upfront or Demarai Gray’ ‘Patterson is out, there’s no other full back so it’s a formation change’

No other PL club has these problems. Even Leeds and Leicester who went down Bamford gets injured Rodrigo comes in, Iheanacho out then Vardy in or Daka.

We have to build resilience throughout the squad but also get quality in the starting positions.

For me upfront it needs to be:

New starting CF
Reserve CF/starting RWF
DCL
Simms/Cannon

To ensure that three genuine credible forward players have to be injured before we’re in the position of throwing a teenage striker upfront again.

Like in 13/14 when we had Lukaku Kone Jelavic Naismith Mirallas - Kone did his ACL but we could take the impact because we still had three front line strikers plus Mirallas who could cover. So then even if Lukaku was out for a period we could still perform, and then when even Traore joined and he got injured, we still had enough to last for the season. That level of depth is where we need to get to again.

Whoever we sign as a striker, we need them to be scoring a MINIMUM of 10 goals. Then whoever we bring in to add some creativity, we need them to be scoring a MINIMUM of 7 goals.

That's MINIMUM demand, but the above will ensure we win a few more tight games.

Maupay, Simms and DCL, 4 goals through the season.

Will Weghorst get us 10+ goals? I can't see it myself and we've had 2 good sample periods from Burnley and Utd so it has to be a no. No point in signing anyone who doesn't have a goal in them.
This, another striker that cant score is certainly not what we need.