2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing is I think their model is now not predicated on survival season to season in exchange to potential longterm EPL stature. Decisions have a shelf life and always prioritizing the next year you risk really draining the cupboards. Burnley may go down but they astutely leveraged the EPL balloon payments into value propositions and a general reset. They now have a squad filled with under 23 prospects who for the majority can project to be sold for profit. They have a viable model that will garner funds for reinvestment window after window. Drop or not in the immediate, that will bare fruit in the future.

We cant look at survival as proof of concept if the pattern is broadly on a downward trajectory. The problems we have dont really change dramatically by surviving or not. It simply is just better and easier to address those issues staying up. But recruitment wise the teams hovering our position are operating more in the future tense then we are. That should be alarming.

That fits a club like Burnley's though. Yo-yo up and down and bank on selling players.

The only club template we should follow is Brighton's who had a flexible plan over 10 years.

We're in a better advantage at being an established premiership club to attract better players if we get our scouting sorted.

But first and foremost we need our identity back and stability.

Yep, I'm quite anxious about them, to be honest. Don't get me wrong, Moshiri and Kenwright have to go, like yesterday, but I always get bad vibes when yanks buy "distressed assets".
Yep, they go one of two ways. Investment or asset strip, hopefully the former. I don’t know much about these guys, do they have decent pedigree do we know?

That fits a club like Burnley's though. Yo-yo up and down and bank on selling players.

The only club template we should follow is Brighton's who had a flexible plan over 10 years.

We're in a better advantage at being an established premiership club to attract better players if we get our scouting sorted.

But first and foremost we need our identity back and stability.
Brighton are as likely to be the new Southampton as not.

The problem with these types of clubs is that without CL they will eventually run out of saleable assets and then one bad season is all it takes to start the death spiral.

Yep, they go one of two ways. Investment or asset strip, hopefully the former. I don’t know much about these guys, do they have decent pedigree do we know?
I can't claim to really understand how football finance regulation works but, with our losses, I don't think it matters if someone wants to invest, I don't think in the short term it's allowed. These rules are utterly stupid, they just lock in the existing order.

I think if we had hopes of breaking into the top 6/7 at the beginning of the season, the original Moshiri would have sacked the manager if we finished bottom half. If we’d then have appointed Dyche there would have been outrage. So grateful for what Sean’s done but come on, let’s have a new board and a top European manager.

Remember when Leicester were being held up as the model to follow for breaking into the elite. Could never go wrong apparently. Continuous top recruitment and a hipster manager in place to oversee it all.

Reactions: SJB
I think if we had hopes of breaking into the top 6/7 at the beginning of the season, the original Moshiri would have sacked the manager if we finished bottom half. If we’d then have appointed Dyche there would have been outrage. So grateful for what Sean’s done but come on, let’s have a new board and a top European manager.
sam.jpg

Remember when Leicester were being held up as the model to follow for breaking into the elite. Could never go wrong apparently. Continuous top recruitment and a hipster manager in place to oversee it all.
It cant happen as FFP wont allow it, you might have a good season or 2 but then the players who got you there will be poached.
Brighton will be the ones who suffer from getting close to the monopoly.

They will be worse off as a football team next season but better off as a business.

Brighton are as likely to be the new Southampton as not.

The problem with these types of clubs is that without CL they will eventually run out of saleable assets and then one bad season is all it takes to start the death spiral.
Agree with this. Eventually it fails as their purchases don't perform.. or manager leaves.

It cant happen as FFP wont allow it, you might have a good season or 2 but then the players who got you there will be poached.
Brighton will be the ones who suffer from getting close to the monopoly.

They will be worse off as a football team next season but better off as a business.
I think they might be an outside bet for relegation depending what happens in summer

Reactions: JLW

Status
Not open for further replies.