Summer transfer window 2023

Only a fool would consider DCL an option going into next season.

Is your name Kevin?

Nah scrap DCL off that list. If he’s available brilliant but we need to treat the squad as if he’s not in it. Can’t be doing this 3 years in a row.

Theres only 1 CF in the system now.

So a new starter + Cannon as backup and DCL as a wildcard is enough for a season.

A right winger and depth in other areas makes a difference.

And Branthwaite in for Keane. Garner instead of Gana etc.

But there's also no point trying to stockpile strikers because the most important thing is that the main number 9 signing is as good as possible rather than diluting by spending on 2.

In an ideal world you have a new number 9 backed up by whatever DCL can give us, Cannon, and then maybe supplement with a someone who is primarily a winger or attacking midfielder who could do a job there if needed.

Cannon and Simms are completely untested.
DCL is never fit now
We need two strikers.

Otherwise you sign a main striker and then your bench is a young untested kid or possibly Dom if he’s fit. What use is that?

But there's also no point trying to stockpile strikers because the most important thing is that the main number 9 signing is as good as possible rather than diluting by spending on 2.

In an ideal world you have a new number 9 backed up by whatever DCL can give us, Cannon, and then maybe supplement with a someone who is primarily a winger or attacking midfielder who could do a job there if needed.

Id say Iwobi + Doucoure can both play Attacking midfield for one season.

So the priority are right and centre forwards. All our money should go on those two players.

Id say Iwobi + Doucoure can both play Attacking midfield for one season.

So the priority are right and centre forwards. All our money should go on those two players.
yes, the attacking midfielders who don’t score

Doucoure
212 top flight games
25 goals

Iwobi
220 top flight games
17 goals

A marvellous plan to really help with our ability with no scoring

So a new starter + Cannon as backup and DCL as a wildcard is enough for a season.

If Monday morning I am reading rumours of Che Adams I will be delighted as it probably means we have stayed up

What makes you think that?

And the first two will be £30m+, the last is very unproven given our need for immediate quality.
I think a 30-40m budget pre sales is a reasonable estimate of our if we stay up. We were widely reported last summer and in Jan to be mostly offering loans with obligation to buy this summer, some in the region of 25-30, so we were clearly projecting more in the budget this summer than last otherwise we couldn't commit to that. Some of that presumably the Kean sale, and since then we also have the Gordon sale.

So conservatively I'd say 30ish plus whatever we can get for Onana to bring players in, and see what offers if any come in for Pickford.

Cannon and Simms are completely untested.
DCL is never fit now
We need two strikers.

Otherwise you sign a main striker and then your bench is a young untested kid or possibly Dom if he’s fit. What use is that?
It wouldn't be ideal but we have other positions to think of, and so I'm saying it would be better to make our second attacking signing someone who can start in another position but do a job up front if needed, rather than just pile up strikers. An example off the top of my head would be Sarr who could be a starting RW but has also played through the middle at times.

As long as we replace the fullbacks, the midfield and the attackers, we should be ok next season.

The CBs arent great, but they arent really important in this league, everybody bar City has rubbish CBs.

Doubt we can get Balogun as ive read he will be included in the deal for Rice probably.
Wahi we will have to fight for as ive read Newcastle are in for him but I doubt he’d go given they have Isak. He also said he wants a move to another Ligue 1 side but im sure we could convince him with a fat wage. Only problem would be fee given the competition.

If we go Brighton mode then we could have a look at Marcos Leonardo at Santos or Pedro at Flamengo.

My personal preference is Nicholas Jackson at Villareal and hes on fire at the moment scoring 7 in the last 5.