Englands most senior referee

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 'optics' of us going down because of some dodgy call will be sweetened in the media and the sky establishment if the person who made the call is the 'most senior' referee. By implication his decision MUST be the most correct one possible.

Is something afoot?
This is my thinking.

I’ve just read he’s refereeing the championship play off final the day before and that’s the reason but I’m 100% ignoring that and going with the conspiracy theory for when we get a dodgy call against us.

If we’re winning at 90min, be prepared for this.

IMG_3198.jpeg

I found it interesting that the so called most senior and best English referee Michael Oliver isn’t refereeing a game this weekend. However he has been put on VAR at our game. Seems like they really don’t want any VAR controversy in this game.

Just thought I’d create a thread for this 1 thought.

Thanks and I know you would read again.
Someone f someone rar up.

Good luck to all referees in the world this weekend.
So what are we saying here?

Referee employed as a referee is given refereeing job?

This is my thinking.

I’ve just read he’s refereeing the championship play off final the day before and that’s the reason but I’m 100% ignoring that and going with the conspiracy theory for when we get a dodgy call against us.
Time will tell.

If something is a foot, I wouldn't be at all surprised. What would surprise me most is if we stay up and there are no controversial decisions.

I was going to say, as much as a I believe the PL is corrupt (it’s a billion pound generating business, there’s no way it’s guilt free), I’m not having they’ve appointed Michael Oliver to swing a favour against us.

Surely he’d have just done two games In as many days if they want us gone.

I was going to say, as much as a I believe the PL is corrupt (it’s a billion pound generating business, there’s no way it’s guilt free), I’m not having they’ve appointed Michael Oliver to swing a favour against us.

If they wanted to ref the game to relegate us then Taylor would be the ref.

They don't need to fix anything against us as we're good enough at doing it to ourselves without anyone's help.

If they wanted to ref the game to relegate us then Taylor would be the ref.

Even if they were planning on screwing us over, then they’d need us to have a VAR decision to begin with and all the results to be going against us.

Think the nerves are getting to people, myself included, but think this is just panicking for the sake of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.