2022/23 Nathan Patterson

Status
Not open for further replies.

I said he started poor, which he did and played well.

Not said anything about halfs.

FocuRzfXEAEUFip.jpg

He started poor and played well.
Don't think he started poorly I thought Mitroma ? Started on fire, the same winger whose been terrorising defenders all season and is bang in form. As the first half got on Pstterson got the measure of him and in the second half bullied Mitroma out of the game. He also made vitally important interceptions. Thought Nathen was superb.

Hold the bus, we're all eleated, but this lad has not had a distinguished start to his Everton career.

He needs to pull performances out every chance he gets.

I'll be delighted if he helps save us in the last 3 games.

Thought he was brilliant after the first 20 minutes.

Think he showed Mitoma a bit too much respect early on and looked like he realized it himself when he started getting tighter to him, once that happened it's rare to say it but he bullied him, anytime the ball went in to him he was too strong and even got to a point where he was daring him to have another go at him for pace and won those battles.

Still only 21 aswell, just needs a good run of games now as he's got the physical attributes just needs experience.

That game against a very, very dangerous winger will have lifted his confidence so much! He will need it against City!

Definitely grew into the game after a weak start. The one thing with Patterson is he has just drive and determination. Much like Coleman, hes always fighting, always determined, and that goes a LONG way. He has great physical skills as well. The key for him to develop will be if they can take his athletic ability and high motor and instill in him the right ball and defending skills.

Must have been weird for him tonight, played with Gilmour in the same youth team from 8 to 15 when Gilmour left for Chelsea and played with him with Scotland all the way through the national age groups then plays against his great mate when he came on for Brighton.

Great performance from Everton tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.