2022/23 Yerry Mina

Status
Not open for further replies.
The last time he played I had the unfortunate privilege to watch him at West Ham. I watched him very closely (as with most of them) and he didn’t even break into a jog for the time he was on the pitch at 0-0, 1-0, 2-0 just walked about giving a couple of his faux hard man routines to Fornals and Bowen.
This is not the guy you want in the depths of a scrap especially as he’s already made of wet paper and will be protecting himself even more from injury for his final chance to rob some huge European wages before he scuttles off back to Colombia.
Id play Holgate and Coady ahead of him (not Godfrey though) and I’ve just literally had to shake my head and shudder at that horrible thought.

It’s a strange one as the stats do back up that we win more when he plays. He has been on the bench last 15 games. Only came on in 90th minute v West Ham away. Not only that he is a menace at set pieces. I don’t care if he is off in the summer he needs to play. I would even play him left back.
He actually started and played the whole game but from the amount of work he put in, he might as well have come on in injury time. He clearly evaded your gaze for 90 minutes with his “performance“

He's been discussed more on this thread today alone than by Dyche and Co since they arrived. Wasting our time talking about him, Keane is in till the end of the season barring injury or suspension.

The last time he played I had the unfortunate privilege to watch him at West Ham. I watched him very closely (as with most of them) and he didn’t even break into a jog for the time he was on the pitch at 0-0, 1-0, 2-0 just walked about giving a couple of his faux hard man routines to Fornals and Bowen.
This is not the guy you want in the depths of a scrap especially as he’s already made of wet paper and will be protecting himself even more from injury for his final chance to rob some huge European wages before he scuttles off back to Colombia.
Id play Holgate and Coady ahead of him (not Godfrey though) and I’ve just literally had to shake my head and shudder at that horrible thought.
Good post, he has got better in the eye of some because he hasnt played for ages and they have forgotten what he is actually like, his silly videos messing about in the tunnel and dancing around Finch Farm count for nothing when you get on the pitch, Dyche has him bang to rights

That’s just not true for the past 2 seasons though.

His record this season is 3 games, 3 losses and 2 injuries.
I never said it was though. He wins more headers, makes more interceptions, and more clearances than any other CB we have. I am well aware he isn't going to get a game so there is probably little point to mentioning it but he is our best CB when fit. We have conceded 18 goals since Keane has come back into the team and the previously solid Tarkowski just looks very shaky now.

I never said it was though. He wins more headers, makes more interceptions, and more clearances than any other CB we have. I am well aware he isn't going to get a game so there is probably little point to mentioning it but he is our best CB when fit. We have conceded 18 goals since Keane has come back into the team and the previously solid Tarkowski just looks very shaky now.
You literally said we win 40% of our games with him playing and less than 20% when he’s not lol

Agreed though, he is technically the best but an absolute wet wipe of a man.

You literally said we win 40% of our games with him playing and less than 20% when he’s not lol

Agreed though, he is technically the best but an absolute wet wipe of a man.
Yes because there are stats that back that up but I never said it was recent. It could be that others are more relaxed with him in the team so play better which helps to account for the wins, I really haven't looked into it enough, in fairness to you mate those stats with regards to Mina have been around for a while.

His attitude is definitely questionable but he's our best defender and we know that having Keane at cb isn't working, we've been leaking goals like crazy since he came back into the team.

Starting Mina tonight could work in our favour or backfire, but we have to try something different imo. It's our last chance to turn this around.

You do realize he was a Barca reject right? If he was good he would still be at Barca
yea, I realize that. I'd still take a full international for a decent side who didn't quite make it at the biggest club in the world over the handful of players with hardly any caps from Burnley and wolves.

Look at how we played against newcastle.
We were great for the first 25 mins
But when we were great, we were on the front foot. The defense had little or nothing to do but when they did, they did it badly. Both Keane and Tarkowski misplaced easy passes. Then when the goals came they threw the towel in.

Mina is a better passer of the ball than the other 5 center backs at the club, he's a better tackler, he can carry the ball better, he's better in the air, he's a bigger goal threat. He plays with his heart on his sleeve and knows how to rattle strikers.

The only down side (and it's a huge one) is that he's made of cardboard.
Still, if he's fit, he starts ahead of Holgate, Godfrey, keane, Coady and Tarkowski, and if you can't see that, I don't know what to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.