Match Thread Arsenal V Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Optimistic Me: I fully expect us to get another 1 nil win to give me hope.

Reality 1: We get the 1 nil win then lose away to Notts Forest

Reality 2: We get spanked by Arsenal, then lose away to Notts Forest

Reality at 10pm tonight:

giphy.gif

I think every goal we have conceded recently has been 100% avoidable. Technically most are, apart from some worldies and true quality of buildup, but ours have been started by an individual idiot, then followed by one of more subsequent idiots not doing the obvious (like taking a yellow on the halfway line).

If it’s one of those games where everyone is on it for 95mins we can keep them out again. And bizarrely you always can tell it’s one of those games if Coleman is our stand out player. He is the barometer for our defensive performances.

3-0 Arse.

I think every goal we have conceded recently has been 100% avoidable. Technically most are, apart from some worldies and true quality of buildup, but ours have been started by an individual idiot, then followed by one of more subsequent idiots not doing the obvious (like taking a yellow on the halfway line).

If it’s one of those games where everyone is on it for 95mins we can keep them out again. And bizarrely you always can tell it’s one of those games if Coleman is our stand out player. He is the barometer for our defensive performances.

3-0 Arse.

Your first two paragraphs had got me humming Spirit of the Blues, starting to believe the lads will be fully focused and that they've got this tonight.

Then you predict a 3-0 hammering.

Don't do this to me, it's usually our players who shatter my hope come match time.

Yeah i could have easly said 25 years. But we had times not long ago we used to get at teams at home. Score 3 or 4. The cahill, pienaar baines osman sides were not that bad.
Last 5 years the football has been as depressing as i have seen. We're such a dour side.
We’ve had to put up with way too much grim football since Moshiri bought us. Cahill’s probably still better than half our current midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.