Match Thread Everton v Aston Villa - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Your Everton MOTM vs Aston Villa

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dont see a way back, Arsenal away LOSE, Forest away DRAW at best, the next 4 are Brentford, Chelsea, Spurs and Man Utd.

We will be 1st team cut adrift..... absolutely no way back from here.

1677344123737.png

Think we’ve been unfortunate today. Midfield was hamstring in the 2nd minute due to a dodgy yellow card.
Good saves and goal line clearances kept them in it, and a rash decision by Gana killed it for us.
Bad result esp how other things have gone but still more effort and fight than in most matches under Lampard.
We’ll win more than lose if they keep this up.

And they all have better attacking players than us. That's what will keep you up. As today shows, you can do everything else right and come up way short without attacking options.

Not saying it will happen, but I wouldn't even be surprised if we finished bottom just through lack of goals.
Idk about that, but then again it’s like trying to argue which poo smells worse

2 goals from 4 is

Not if it gives you 6 points.

When everyone read the fixtures of Arsenal, Liverpool Leeds Villa, if someone said you can have 6 points and beat Leeds I’d wager most on here would have taken that as a very decent start. So all this ‘honeymoon period is over’ because we lost one game because of poor finishing and corrupt refereeing is ridiculous.

That sucks. Still time to find a manager who will prioritize scoring goals I guess but doubt it happens. 14 left and we probably need 5 more 1-0s. It could happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.