Match Thread Liverpool vs Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still can't believe how poor we were last night. It was exactly the same kind of performance we saw under lampard. Dyche has his own way of doing things but in that game it made no difference at all. Makes you wonder what they were working on all week. There was no plan unless if it was to just steal a goal from a set piece but you won't get away with that all season and that's a relegation tactic.

Makes you wonder how many we would of lost by if Liverpool had their best team on the pitch.

Well they had about 500m pounds worth of talent on the pitch!

Its perhaps worth asking how much better we would have been with our best team out and a proper number 9 not being injured.

My answer..."none of the above". they all sucked!
This has been a terrible year, for me, sportswise.
My main football team, Everton...Suck!
My NHL hockey team, the Canucks...Suck!
My second footbal team, the Whitecaps...Suck!
Even my local hockey team, the junior A Victoria Royals...Suck!
I could stomach the whole mess if the Toffees were at least competitive
Read your post mate and it just reminded of a video by one of your fellow Canadians who also had a bad day.
Bear with the vid he does tell quite an amusing story. Chin up!

Having slept on it, I’m more frustrated than I was after the final whistle. A great chance to beat a crap Liverpool team, pile the pressure on that Teutonic whopper, and send a message to the rest of the struggles that the arsenal result want a fluke, and we serve up that!? Unacceptable.

There was the Everton were know and hate - slow, laboured, weak, timid, half arsed and beaten before a ball was kicked.

Everything that was good against arsenal was missing, and it had nothing to do with the rs stopping us from playing well, we just never got started.

The midfield went awol again, and allowed a poor Liverpool team to dominate them, and there’s zero snide in our team.

We are unlucky not to score but it’s just rank amateur defending with no tactical fouls and a brain fart from Pickford to gift wrap the 1st goal - same for the second, with coady switching off.

Awful performances from far too many in blue - I can take getting outplayed and losing if we match them in terms of effort and workrate, but it was yet another derby surrender and way too comfortable for them.

Sadly we’ve surrendered against far too many average teams already this season, last night was just another example.

Dyche will earn every penny of that bonus if he can keep us up with these mentality midgets in our squad.
I do wonder what would have happened had Tarkowski’s header gone in. We contained them up to then and would have had something to hang onto.
Of course, once they scored it was just about game over.

Dont subscribe to all the comments about.
No workrate, no fight, no battle, no heart etc etc.

These sort of things tend to be what people say when they dont know how to disect a game properlly. The kid that ran the show in midfield showed more football ability than any of our players by being clever, calm and technically good at football.

People always tend to associate teams at the bottom aren't trying, when 9 times out of 10 it is a case of just not being very good!

The reds didnt select carvalho, curtis jones or oxlade chamberlain in there matchday squad yesterday. Any of those 3 would of been our best technical player on Monday, that shows the huge divide in quality.

I thought we were doing a good enough job to consolidate on monday until there first goal (there 4 players on the counter were physically quicker and stronger than ours) and after that it was a case of not having anything to get back into the game because our attacking outlet consisted of mcneil, iwobi (a midfielder) and simms!

Before the game, the reds were 1/5 to win with the bookies, we were never 'in with a chance' apart from the hyperbolic comments ffom the likes of sky sports and talksport!

These players do tend to work hard and get 'stuck in' they just aren't very clever, calm or technically very good

Sure its been mentioned and apologies if so, but:

Where was the passion(apart from that handbags few seconds)?
Where were the hard challenges?
Where was the fight?
Where was Spirit?
Where was the get in your face attitude?

One of the easiest Derby matches a ref will ever have to ref!
We have rolled over and had our belly tickled too many times.

This team has none of above in them.

Sorry, if this is just an echo chamber of what's already ben said but its frustration, sadness, disappointment and embarrassment at what we are!
Agree with that. Didnt feel like a derby to me. More like an exhibition match for the RS. Perhaps we made the mistake of thinking we could beat them by playing football rather than being agressive because their form coming into the game was terrible. If that was the case big mistake!

Dont subscribe to all the comments about.
No workrate, no fight, no battle, no heart etc etc.

These sort of things tend to be what people say when they dont know how to disect a game properlly. The kid that ran the show in midfield showed more football ability than any of our players by being clever, calm and technically good at football.

People always tend to associate teams at the bottom aren't trying, when 9 times out of 10 it is a case of just not being very good!

The reds didnt select carvalho, curtis jones or oxlade chamberlain in there matchday squad yesterday. Any of those 3 would of been our best technical player on Monday, that shows the huge divide in quality.

I thought we were doing a good enough job to consolidate on monday until there first goal (there 4 players on the counter were physically quicker and stronger than ours) and after that it was a case of not having anything to get back into the game because our attacking outlet consisted of mcneil, iwobi (a midfielder) and simms!

Before the game, the reds were 1/5 to win with the bookies, we were never 'in with a chance' apart from the hyperbolic comments ffom the likes of sky sports and talksport!

These players do tend to work hard and get 'stuck in' they just aren't very clever, calm or technically very good
I think you make a very good point! ? I didnt think we looked like we worked as hard off the ball as we did against Arsenal but perhaps it was a different game plan. I mean crap teams can sometimes beat a technical gifted hard working team, but not if they turn up and play well like Liverpool did on Monday.

I think you make a very good point! ? I didnt think we looked like we worked as hard off the ball as we did against Arsenal but perhaps it was a different game plan. I mean crap teams can sometimes beat a technical gifted hard working team, but not if they turn up and play well like Liverpool did on Monday.

You think Liverpool played well Monday? I thought they were tosh personally.

Sure its been mentioned and apologies if so, but:

Where was the passion(apart from that handbags few seconds)?
Where were the hard challenges?
Where was the fight?
Where was Spirit?
Where was the get in your face attitude?

One of the easiest Derby matches a ref will ever have to ref!
We have rolled over and had our belly tickled too many times.

This team has none of above in them.

Sorry, if this is just an echo chamber of what's already been said but its frustration, sadness, disappointment and embarrassment at what we are!
Takes more than just abit of angriness & snarling away to win a game mate!

If anything, its the cool calm ones in games like that, that win you the match! Not some nut job throwing in tackles and showing 'spirit'

It appears that Sims was not upto it per stats.

Completing just 54% of his attempted passes and losing 100% of his ground duels, did win five of his nine aerial battles.

But did lack midfield support to help him.

Status
Not open for further replies.