2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know how the future will pan out but hearing him speak before and after the match has been an absolute breath of fresh air, no nonsense or excuses or self pity city, just pure enthusiasm and making sure you give you best at the absolute minimum.

Could all come undone in the next few weeks/months but the early signs are positive and his no fluff approach is what we have needed for ages. I also liked that he avoided the trap of slagging off what has gone on earlier in the season and went with ''we just needed to shine ther badge up a bit''.
Basics. That's what he'll emphasise. Players like a simple message: "we're not bothered about possession, we;'re bothered about territorial advantage at key points. We can play it on the ground when we should, but we'll get it in the box quickly and we'll rely on set pieces."

This group were handed over-complications under Lampard apart from a few games v Liverpool and City.

Can’t see him winning anything for us, but he could at least take us back to Moyes-era Everton. Sadly, right now, that would be progress - a period in which we’re safe from relegation and maybe pushing for Europe. Let’s see if he can do that - as he himself says, today was “a start”.

Can’t see him winning anything for us, but he could at least take us back to Moyes-era Everton.
Moyes era Everton wws good, pre Moshiri
Sadly, right now, that would be progress - a period in which we’re safe from relegation and maybe pushing for Europe. Let’s see if he can
stability, exactly how we were pre Moshiri
do that - as he himself says, today was “a start”.
Was a great start, onwards and upwards

Midfield battle and set pieces will be key.

RS look shaky in both whilst we have a physical midfield trio and threat from set plays.

We simply have to take our chances though as they are too spawny especially at the pit.

Thats my big worry as Dominic Calvert-Lewin cant score in a brothel at present.
Not that it's hard... But thought he was a bit better today and looked up for it.

Moyes era Everton wws good, pre Moshiri

stability, exactly how we were pre Moshiri

Was a great start, onwards and upwards
Indeed, although his voice does remind me of the Harry Enfield character, Frank Doberman - “Oi, Calvert-Lewin, NO! You may well be an aspiring catwalk model and the doyenne of the fashionista, but when I say make yourself available for a long diagonal from Tarks, I want you to make yourself available for a long diagonal from Tarks, you aesthetically pleasing but constantly injured beautiful man!”

Sean Dyche voice chart.

sandpaper-grit-chart.jpg

Definitely P40 tomorrow after all the shouting today, and beers tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.