2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what do you remember about his upside when we hired a young moyes in 2002?
This can't be a real question. If we had hired Dyche in 2016 this might be something worth discussing but if you're truly asking "why did Moyes have higher potential in 2002 than Dyche now?" I don't really feel the need to get into it. There's a whole decade of Dyche showing what he is! Moyes had more upside by default. Moyes has more upside now!

This can't be a real question. If we had hired Dyche in 2016 this might be something worth discussing but if you're truly asking "why did Moyes have higher potential in 2002 than Dyche now?" I don't really feel the need to get into it. There's a whole decade of Dyche showing what he is! Moyes had more upside by default. Moyes has more upside now!
So what was his upside?

You can’t just repeat he had upside without saying what his upside is. Especially when you had likely never heard of him in 2002

So what was his upside?

You can’t just repeat he had upside without saying what his upside is. Especially when you had likely never heard of him in 2002
I was 7 in 2002 mate. His upside was that he had a short career where he'd done a good job and could maybe take a step up. Dyche has a long career at this level. Why is he stepping up?

Hiring the guy from West Brom would be similar to hiring Moyes.

What the actual f?

Nah. For the birds that.

If a decision was made that we couldn't replace him then we had his contract and he'd have played.
I think he'd have done more harm than good if he started sulking and knowing he'd be off in the summer whatever. He'd have been a terrible influence. Priority is team mentality, cohesiveness, fighting for each other, giving it all. That requires 100% buy-in from everyone and he wasn't going to get that from Gordon.
I don't care he's gone. He offered nothing this season.

I personally think we have enough to stay up and any other outcome is a failure. I still cannot believe we didn’t sack lampard post Bournemouth, especially since dyche was fecking available. Utterly incomprehensible
I'm in this camp. It is definitely going to be difficult, especially as many favourable home fixtures have been played, but there are eighteen games left.

We're six points from 13th and with a few favourable results we could be 16th; admittedly, the next two fixtures aren't favourable and would worsen the situation.

But, it's not over yet. What we've got to do is get points on the board sooner rather than later, and Dyche has to get a tune out of the front line.

If we do go down, however, I think it'll be fair to give Dyche quite a fair bit of mitigation because the situation he has inherited isn't favourable, at all.

More so with the lack of signings!

I was 7 in 2002 mate. His upside was that he had a short career where he'd done a good job and could maybe take a step up. Dyche has a long career at this level. Why is he stepping up?

Hiring the guy from West Brom would be similar to hiring Moyes.
You are funny you

Are we sure it was definitely a written questionnaire cos I'm sure he mentioned something about having an open air chat with the players about these same points.
Like a 'no holds barred' meeting, where everyone has a clean slate so you honestly give your views about the whole situation without any consequences. Just a fresh start.
I think there was an anonymous questionnaire followed by an open session on the points that came out of the answers to the questionnaire.

I think he'd have done more harm than good if he started sulking and knowing he'd be off in the summer whatever. He'd have been a terrible influence. Priority is team mentality, cohesiveness, fighting for each other, giving it all. That requires 100% buy-in from everyone and he wasn't going to get that from Gordon.
I don't care he's gone. He offered nothing this season.

The club has a massive say in how these departures are framed.

Status
Not open for further replies.