New Everton Stadium Discussion

After todays discussion on here it really is disconcerting to hear of the many ways this may unravel.....nothing I've read is far fetched either.

It could end up wonderful for us or be the end. I'm uncomfortable with it all now in all honesty, Everton's interests I'm fearing are secondary.

It is my opinion, that the only way that this ends now, from the position it is in, is if either Everton go into Liquidation, or Moshiri declares bankruptcy. Both of which leaves us with much bigger issues than having to remain at Goodison for the foreseeable.

If they simply stopped building, they would be entirely responsible for returning the site to its former state under their lease obligations.

This thread = Farhad good

Every other thread = GET OUT OF OUR CLUB YOU IRANIAN DIVVY

I am of the opinion that Kenwright is desperate to have the ground move happen within his 'reign'. He's never stopped looking for opportunities and brought Moshiri in as a way of that happening. I genuinely think that once the ground has been built, and the first game has been played in it, Kenwright will step away, citing health concerns (which are very valid)

The question though, is what happens with Moshiri once his work is done, does he continue as owner of the club or spy an opportunity to sell with the Stadium as a new asset. Who knows.

This is all just my opinion though and I may be wide of the mark.

We bid for the work to design the stadium. It was an Everton stadium design. At no point was there mention of a CWG capability. After initial designs had been submitted, and some time had passed, LCC got involved and started talking about the CWG and how they were looking to fund a temporary stadium on the docks, but maybe they could work together. LCC then brought people in to work with Everton on how it would work. LCC/Govt. funding would sweeten the deal for Everton.

Everton were building the stadium and had in fact started conversations before Moshiri arrived, even with BMD in mind.

Please don't think that Everton are only getting a stadium because of a CWG that Liverpool were bidding for. The opportunism in the relationship was all, perhaps unsurprisingly, on the part of Joe Anderson and LCC.
We were only ever getting a 60k+ stadium if it included the CWG with a temporary stand. A former colleague of mine was involved in two early studies for the site assessing outline structural designs and costs and let me see them.

If I remember rightly, the special funding vehicle by the council followed after that bid failed or towards the end of that process. I attended the consultation when JA announced it.

We were only ever getting a 60k+ stadium if it included the CWG with a temporary stand. A former colleague of mine was involved in two early studies for the site assessing outline structural designs and costs and let me see them.

If I remember rightly, the special funding vehicle by the council followed after that bid failed or towards the end of that process. I attended the consultation when JA announced it.

It sounds like your former colleague came in and worked on the location after LCC had heard of Evertons plans and looked to capitalise, which is cool. There were a few designs that passed through our offices around that time, some more likely than others. SOme, inetrestingly were even based on floating stadia that could be moved up and down the Mersey dependent on event. Allowing for large structures to be in place for the swimming for e.g, and then be moved down the docks to host the seating for the finish line of the marathon or somethig the next day (these were some if the less feasible ideas)

I'm not looking for an argument on any of it as ultimately, it really doesn't matter, but I just felt it important to note that Everton's stadium at BMD was not reliant, nor had it ever been reliant on a successful CWG bid. The design that LCC had ideated with Everton was, but not the stadium itself. The reduction from 60K was taken for a number of reasons, none of which being that Birmingham went forward with the bid for 2022.

Many people appear to not understand the stadium is not going to be, and never was going to be Everton Football Clubs stadium. The stadium is to be privately and separately owned by an operating company, Everton will lease the stadium from this company just as Coventry and others do. Everton will fund the repayments of the finance on the stadium on behalf of the owner of club, who as the owner is entitled to take funds from his club/business as he sees fit to do so.

COYB!

John.

Do you know how the company structure is? Is it a subsidiary of Blue Heaven or a separate entity?

It is my opinion, that the only way that this ends now, from the position it is in, is if either Everton go into Liquidation, or Moshiri declares bankruptcy. Both of which leaves us with much bigger issues than having to remain at Goodison for the foreseeable.

If they simply stopped building, they would be entirely responsible for returning the site to its former state under their lease obligations.
You could be right mate,there's certainly a lot more hurdles in this saga to come, that's nailed on.

Sobering reading today and becoming involved in this thread,with much sense spoken by people. Let's see how it all unfolds. Something is badly amiss I'm now thinking.

Has anyone heard the latest rumour that due to sharks appearing in the Mersey, the ground is no longer suitable for these type of sporting events and that the stadium design needs to be revised to include anti shark saftety devices, which will reduce the capacity from 52,888 to 41,876, (typically just 2 seats short of the magical 1878 number).

Apparently, the sharks are the worst kind of sharks. Big sharks.

Jaws the shark is 1 of them, and its completely massive.

Typically, Everton didn't plan for any this (booooo), and its everyones fault.

F*in disgrace.

There is a protest scheduled for next week, in the mersey. It will be cold, but we need to show them that we wont stand for it.

Dont attend if you are afraid of water or sharks.

With the City and West Ham stadiums is it not a bit different the way they happened? ie both built for World events and deals struck between owners and clubs on the lease of them afterwards?

My feeling is it's different here, if we scrapped Goodison and then down the line Moshiri, probably Usmanov sold the new BMD ground to outside investors, or kept the ground themselves whilst relinquishing EFC separately it'd be theft on a grand scale and a bitter blow for Everton.

It just seems so out of our hands, unlike the West Ham/City deals. End result the same yes but with a very bitter taste.

Initially we hoped to win the Commonwealth Games bid as a city which would have made the build easier and we'd be sat in it now had won that bid.

Has anyone heard the latest rumour that due to sharks appearing in the Mersey, the ground is no longer suitable for these type of sporting events and that the stadium design needs to be revised to include anti shark saftety devices, which will reduce the capacity from 52,888 to 41,876, (typically just 2 seats short of the magical 1878 number).

F*in disgrace.

There is a protest scheduled for next week, in the mersey. It will be cold, but we need to show them that we wont stand for it.

Are you alright?
Or are you having a ‘moment’ mate ?

F*in disgrace.

Go for a lay down, you have completely lost the plot.