2022/23 Kevin Thelwell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would really love some clarity on our Summer business

Coady/Tarkowski/McNeil/Maupay ffs - our recruitment team’s fetish for the slowest players in the world is killing this club

What does he actually do?

For that matter, why do we even bother with a DOF?

Once we’re in the Championship, hire Bielsa and give him full control of the signings. At least that way the manager is working with what he wants.

Once we’re in the Championship, hire Bielsa and give him full control of the signings. At least that way the manager is working with what he wants.

Just in case this isn't rhetorical, the problem is with managers having less shelf life than a pint of milk these days means you need someone who is going to be here a while to ensure as a club we buy certain types of players that the next manager can use. This means they have to fit the ethos of the club.

The only problem is we haven't worked out what playing style we are using yet leaving us with equivalent of a bag of Rowntree's Randoms (where the best ones have been removed of course).

If the club let the DOFs do their job, then they would oversee manager hiring and firing as well as transfers, so that they hire managers who suit the style that the club is going for, meaning that the players always suit the style and aren’t a mish mash of manager/board choices.

Our issue is and brands alluded to this, is that we don’t let them do their job properly.

If the club let the DOFs do their job, then they would oversee manager hiring and firing as well as transfers, so that they hire managers who suit the style that the club is going for, meaning that the players always suit the style and aren’t a mish mash of manager/board choices.

Our issue is and brands alluded to this, is that we don’t let them do their job properly.

If he's not allowed to do his job properly but happy to take the money, then he's a big part of the problem

Brands cryarsing was exactly the same. His recruitment was massively flawed and the minute someone went over his head, if he had resigned he would have received more respect

The DoF role will NEVER work at Everton due to the dossers who are currently running the club into the ground.

This fella has about 5 days to save what little rep he has with the fanbase, then I expect everyone will turn on him once it's proven beyond doubt that he's just another pencil pushing yes man.

If he's not allowed to do his job properly but happy to take the money, then he's a big part of the problem

Brands cryarsing was exactly the same. His recruitment was massively flawed and the minute someone went over his head, if he had resigned he would have received more respect

The DoF role will NEVER work at Everton due to the dossers who are currently running the club into the ground.

This fella has about 5 days to save what little rep he has with the fanbase, then I expect everyone will turn on him once it's proven beyond doubt that he's just another pencil pushing yes man.
Oh I completely agree. Not sure brands cares too much about the respect from Everton fans though. Ultimately I don’t think Thelwell will care too much either as he will end up leaving and just going somewhere else.

We offer stupid sums of money to staff, and Brands was on our fantastic board as well so in a way I’m not surprised they are happy to go along with it while having their role lessened. We need Moshiri and the board gone and a proper dof brought in and allowed to do their job. Look at Newcastle and arsenal. That’s how it needs to be done.

I think it's difficult to judge a DOF in our situation after 6 months he needs a good 2/3 years

We are strung by sanctions, no money, terribly unattractive at the moment,

Got to let him have time

Even this next manager appointment might not he someone be exactly wants but is drawn from necessity of our situation

That just is what it is and people shouldn't start sticking the knife in his back straight away

There is a couple of caveats here though, if there is zero money to spend then it makes his job nearly impossible. We haven't a clue what he is working with budget wise, easy to say go out and get x amount of players but would that be league 2 players? His job has been made harder by Lampard going so presumably while he should be fully focused on playing staff, he is also part of finding a manager. Any incoming players are going to be dubious to who the manager will be and therefore are they wanted, so that mix is definitely not what you would want and least ideal to produce best outcome results.

He does however need to negotiate a good (perhaps not great due to timing) deal with Newcastle for Gordon and have some ducks in a row ready to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.