Match Thread West Ham United v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
20 games gone and bottom, 18 to go and 9 of them against the "big 6" Newcastle and Brighton....

RIP Everton
That looks terrible, but in fact it's hyperbolic - as we're just over half way, most teams will have a similar scenario. Our issue is we need to play many away.

Additionally, there are a lot of games to turn it around, although admittedly it'll be difficult.

Onana is so casual in possession. Needs a rocket up his arse and to actually run forward with the ball.

Last week's good performance was the anomaly in a season where he has been 'adjusting' to put it politely. It was always going to be a hell of an ask for him to step up. We're needing him to be our best player and he's nowhere near ready.

Sadly, this appears to be a common trend: we don't capitalise on when we do play well and allow our inevitable individual errors to be very, very costly.

I don't think Frank is the only problem here, but I do now (finally) feel it's time to part ways. These players need a rocket up their behinds!
We haven’t played at all since palace if I’m honest. And they were crap that day. I’ve seen it the last dozen games now, teams sit back we pass left then right then back, then we lose the ball. Every time every team we play against puts in minimal effort going forward, they either score, or make Pickford save. Today is no different, West Ham sitting back as they know we couldn’t create a chance, then they attack and score. It’s happening game after game after game.

Agree 100% and this is the horrible thing. They are fitter faster and stronger than us all over the Park. Pickford really is the only player we have of prem quality.
Both goals we should have dealt with before a shot was made.

They didn’t have the fans behind them. The longer that game went at 0-0 the more of a chance we would have had.

However we are awful all over the pitch.

Lampard is neither a positive or negative player in all this. The rot set in years ago. Championship very likely. End of an era.

They look so uninterested.

We get the ball back and Onana and Gueye start padding the pass completion stats by rolling it to each other.

Iwobi looks injured.

We have a refugee who's [Poor language removed] (and always has been btw) and a pensioner providing "attacking intent" from the wide areas and a centre half trio who have fell off a cliff.

Feel so sorry for Dominic Calvert-Lewin and Gray, the help they're receiving from anyone is none existent.
Calvert Lewin should be nowhere near the team after stating arsenal as his preferred destination whilst we were in a relegation battle last season. Another who believes he is a premier league striker who has done absolutely nothing

Everything about them is wrong. The Manager with no strategy or plan, the players playing like its a training session. I mean ffs what was the point. So many games wasted. All of this should have been sorted before the WC break when it was obvious and we had plenty of time. This is all completely on Moshiri and the board for gross mismanagement, the only thing they are boss at.

Status
Not open for further replies.