Some of our fans today...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chasing the players, surrounding their cars, verbally abusing them and demanding "answers" all while some had children in the back seats is utterly deplorable. It's shameful and people need to take some personal responsibility.

Oh and turning on your fellow supporters because they didn't stay behind also won't help anything.

A dark day for our great club.

Totally agree. Cretins and utter low life.

Such protests need to offer a solution. Yesterday's didn't.

And the second it tips over towards violence the argument is over.

This type of behaviour is unacceptable for sure but likely many of the fans doing it are the ones that create the intimidating atmosphere at Goodison that it is famous for. Not justifying it....just saying. These people care like all of us but cannot control their emotions in a way that others can. Rather than judging them or taking the moral high ground, maybe we should remember they've been driven to this by a club leadership that is not fit for purpose. And a squad of players that never ever improves for any manager.
People are responsible for their own actions. These idiots need to control themselves or something far worse could happen.

I wouldn’t be surprised if there are consequences to this. The football authorities can’t stand by when fans are behaving in this way.

it is upsetting to read some of the stuff on this thread, but hard-earned money is spent and as someone who doesn't attend matches, i'm not qualified to judge the behaviour of those that do.

Violence and abuse can never be condoned. And it is a minority doing it and they need banned for life, if it’s all true.

Every club will have fans capable of the same.

The board/owner have not helped the situation and fed into this minority’s anger. Remaining silent as everything falls apart and then leaking information to the press about events that have happened. Going on the radio and blaming fans for the situation we are in after not attending a game for 15 months. There’s no transparency at all and they have held fans with real contempt.

There is rightly anger. But it’s despicable to be attacking them and abusing them. And any fans doing so and filming it or shown in the videos need the police to act on it.

Last edited:
I am not surprised that some have resorted to this kind of abuse - we now live in a hate-driven world. It doesn't seem to matter who the targets are, as long as there is someone to focus the anger on. Even though it is a minority, this kind of behaviour can only alienate the players and fans and has probably sealed the deal - I certainly wouldn't have the same drive to perform for people who treat me and my family like this,

This was a very dark day for the club, yes I agree with protests at the end of the game regarding the board, but confronting players outside the ground is shambolic.

These players won't want to play for this club and many won't want to come here now.
Relegation is a certainty now, as the players are gone in mindset, before others say they went months ago, they didn't. You will not see effort or fight anymore from the current crop.

The club went into the abyss today and it will be a long time before it recovers

I am not surprised that some have resorted to this kind of abuse - we now live in a hate-driven world. It doesn't seem to matter who the targets are, as long as there is someone to focus the anger on. Even though it is a minority, this kind of behaviour can only alienate the players and fans and has probably sealed the deal - I certainly wouldn't have the same drive to perform for people who treat me and my family like this,

Would anyone actually notice?
Lets get it into perspective. The vast majority staged a peaceful protest. The vast majority had to drag a performance out of these players last season.
I dont really want to see a few individuals mask over that and give them even more reason not to turn up in games.
I thought id mellow out from yesterday. Im still actually quite pissed that once again we have a group of players who bottle it.

Would anyone actually notice?
Lets get it into perspective. The vast majority staged a peaceful protest. The vast majority had to drag a performance out of these players last season.
I dont really want to see a few individuals mask over that and give them even more reason not to turn up in games.
I thought id mellow out from yesterday. Im still actually quite pissed that once again we have a group of players who bottle it.
I think we will notice it now. Maybe it was time for the worm to turn, but once it turns personal I feel that the protests lose legitimacy and purpose.

Even though it is a minority, this kind of behaviour can only alienate the players and fans and has probably sealed the deal - I certainly wouldn't have the same drive to perform for people who treat me and my family like this,
Exactly my point.

Frankly I don’t even think that shouting criticism or abuse at our own players during matches helps, yet we as a fanbase have done that for many many years. Even the Watford ‘keeper Ben Foster said we’re renowned for that across the league and that opposing teams love playing at Goodison as a result.

The exception to that was the back end of last season, when we really got behind the pays. And it paid dividends - we won almost every game.

Status
Not open for further replies.