2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Legend Barry Horne
Are you still backing Frank and blaming the fans?
I think Frank’s position is tenuous - difficult to survive a hammering like that, off the back of the Bournemouth results

The situation with some fans obviously remains the same - re there being massive room for improvement

This situation in particular will be a good test of character for the fans - I’ll be watching out for that ?

Ignoring the fact you've tried to blend not liking Tories with being homophobic, anti semetic or racist for a moment,

It's those views that as a proud Catalan, Pep wouldn't get the real Madrid job or ever want it. Here it doesn't matter. However if he was a horrible tory boy who took pleasure in northern children going hungry while the southern rich get richer, I'm sure he wouldn't be welcome. No.

Which is as it should be as a proud Northern working class city.
I've not "tried" to blend anything - just asked a legit question: why is it OK to throw politics at a football manager but not their colour/race/religion/gender? Where is the magic line, because none of those have anything to do with ability as a football coach.

Please link me one example where Frank said the words "I'm glad [northern-only] children are going hungry". Please provide one example where someone somewhere else [presumably in the 'South' wherever that magic line is] having more money directly equates to you having less.

Nothing wrong with being a proud Northern working class city, but at least be consistent if logic is too difficult a task. Don't recall anyone sitting in their seat at the end of the Palace game last year, arms folded saying "I'm not celebrating, he doesn't believe in a 45% tax rate".

Frank is clearly not a very good Prem manager, and I think -like most people- his time will likely be short. None of that has anything to do with anything other than his coaching abilities (not everyone can be the best). What does that have to do with his politics?

Anyone else concerned that the OS published his post-match interview? I’d imagine if we did the right thing and binned him after the match, we wouldn’t want to acknowledge his existence until we broke the news.

Awful feeling we’re stuck with him for a bit longer. Doubt he goes out on the back of an Expected Defeat so it’ll be the Southampton humiliation that does for him.

Might put a bet on 0-9…

Said before the Man City game that I felt Moshiri would roll the 'Frank Lampard Dice' until the end of the season.

Think he’ll be given United as a poison chalice as they’re gonna absolutely turn us over and I don’t think it helps a new manager to get that hiding on their first game, I’m also not sure who’s even at the club anymore that’d be a suitable interim, Baines?

The Guardian's Jonathan Liew on Sky Sports' Back Pages Tonight show:

"If it comes down to throwing up Frank Lampard as a sacrificial lamb to the fans, whilst taking an introspective look at their own failings, well for this Everton board, there is only ever going to be one answer to that.

"You get a feeling that Lampard has run out of rope. He may get a game or two but it feels like he's run out of tether."

Think he’ll be given United as a poison chalice as they’re gonna absolutely turn us over and I don’t think it helps a new manager to get that hiding on their first game, I’m also not sure who’s even at the club anymore that’d be a suitable interim, Baines?
Whats franny jeffers upto?

A loss like that is unacceptable for any Everton manager and the overall form is not good enough.

HOWEVER… the problems at this club run far deeper than the manager, we’re a shambles from top to bottom and have been for years.

They all need shipping out. Starting with that parasite Kenwright. Lampard will be the fall guy though and we’ll bring in a dyche or moyes to hopefully keep us up.

Face facts though blues (and all the kopite lurkers who bum Benitez and despise ‘Tory Frank’)….this clubs rotten and is heading for the abyss very soon no matter who’s in the dugout.

A loss like that is unacceptable for any Everton manager and the overall form is not good enough.

HOWEVER… the problems at this club run far deeper than the manager, we’re a shambles from top to bottom and have been for years.

They all need shipping out. Starting with that parasite Kenwright. Lampard will be the fall guy though and we’ll bring in a dyche or moyes to hopefully keep us up.

Face facts though blues (and all the kopite lurkers who bum Benitez and despise ‘Tory Frank’)….this clubs rotten and is heading for the abyss very soon no matter who’s in the dugout.
That's what it feels like the abyss doesn't seem to matter who the manager is or players are. We are a dysfunctional mess, the rot is deep the culture is toxic its coming home to roost

Said before the Man City game that I felt Moshiri would roll the 'Frank Lampard Dice' until the end of the season.
Not a chance, even at this basket case club, does he get the rest of the season.

It would certainly be Evertontastic of us to keep him for the remainder of Jan, just enough time to ensure the new guy doesn’t get a chance to bring in any players.

Status
Not open for further replies.