2022/23 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well we have only that roll of the dice left. Should we just sit tight and hope McNeill turns into Robben and Maupay into Aguero?
I don’t know. Something must be done and we have to buy good enough players who will keep us up. Everton cannot afford to go down.

Exactly.

Pickford is hot and cold. Begovic is a steady Eddie type.

There'd really be no difference in terms of goal threat against us.

Sell Pickford now and invest in two forwards.
The mad thing is Pickford has been slated a lot over recent times, but now we might be selling him all of a sudden he has turned in prime Southall in the eyes of some.
Pickford going won't relegate us, not getting a forward will

Emphasis on deputised. I think he's a solid deputy who as you've mentioned has deputised well, but I would prefer a solid, first choice keeper to rely on.
It's going to be 20 games or maybe less if we sold Pickford in January.

The mad thing is Pickford has been slated a lot over recent times, but now we might be selling him all of a sudden he has turned in prime Southall in the eyes of some.
Pickford going won't relegate us, not getting a forward will
A striker is not enough.

We need a good enough striker, a good goal scoring speedy winger and a good playmaker who can score and provide assist.

I think the only hope to get them is for those who have 6 months left on their contracts since we are skint.

Kean is going to leave and £27m incoming maybe our transfer fee in January can be offset by that?

You should
Being serious. It's not ridiculous to say he's one of the top 10-15 keepers in Europe
Your opinion and that’s fair enough.

For me, absolutely no chance. Let’s face it, he’s a nobody outside the premier league due to the following:

- doesn’t have a single honour
- done nothing outstanding in domestic league or cup football
- doesn’t even have an single appearance in any sort of European football (Conference, Europa, Champions league)

No chance he get’s in top 15 when you factor in everything above.

He’s a very good keeper made to look better due to the sheer crap around him week in/out and the fact he plays for England. If that’s your argument so does Harry Fridge Maguire..is he in the Top. 15 CB in Europe?

Last edited:
1. I think we can all agree that Everton are abysmal at recruitment - whether that be players or managers or directors of football.

2. I think we can also all agree that consistently selling your better players is a very bad thing.

So, 1 + 2 = ?

We're basically heading towards the rocks right now with Captain Lampard and, oh look! There are the sirens, Blue Bill, Kopite Kev, and Sanction-Busting Mosh, enticing us to their jagged shoreline with sweet songs of sales and strikers...

1. I think we can all agree that Everton are abysmal at recruitment - whether that be players or managers or directors of football.

2. I think we can also all agree that consistently selling your better players is a very bad thing.

So, 1 + 2 = ?

We're basically heading towards the rocks right now with Captain Lampard and, oh look! There are the sirens, Blue Bill, Kopite Kev, and Sanction-Busting Mosh, enticing us to their jagged shoreline with sweet songs of sales and strikers...
They are.

We lose Richy, Siggy, Digne and James. All these goal scorers and players who provide assists. We fail to replace them.

Status
Not open for further replies.