2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Short memories here:

Lampard took over a mess. He kept his nerve and got us safe. The club sold Richarlison, a player he;d have wanted to retain, obvioulsy.

His biggest fault for me was being too loyal to Calvert-Lewin and not spending what we had on a couple of new strikers...something he'll have to do in January.

People need to get a grip and stop behaving like 'kin brats. This is easily recoverable. There's 23 games of the season left and we'll easily get the 26 points we need to get safe with even a half decent striker / bang average striker.
They'll keep Frank and end up paying more than we were going to in August of for Brereton Díaz in January.
We'll be down in April.
Can't run a club this badly and avoid relegation forever.

Unless it's toxic behind the scenes, or there's a top class, proven credentials manager willing to come in - I'd say stick.

The club have been negligent.

To survive relegation by skin of our teeth and then allow the season to start without a striker.

Fans expecting any team with an attack of Gordon, Gray, Iwobi, Maupay and McNeil to be anything other than fighting relegation need to give their heads a wobble.

In my opinion - this Everton team has the worst attack of any in the Premier League era.
Maybe we survived relegation by the skin of our teeth BECAUSE of Lampard though. That Burnley result was criminal, as well as the Brentford and Wolves games at home.

It is the frontline who can't score goals and they signed them when our young players could have been given a chance.
If Cannon and co. are the answer happy days but the consensus from those that watch the young lads were none of them are ready yet
I can’t say, I don’t watch the games, but he looked promising off the bench today

Status
Not open for further replies.