2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
No its you who needs to look at the bigger picture. 9 wins since Feb, we have no cohesion, no plan, no Attacking intent, an over reliance on Coady and Tark cos we are still conceding a boat load of chances against us.
On what planet does he or any manager deserve to stay? Stability is great if you have a competent manager, we don't

this planet. you think another manager who you can’t say who will come in and score us goals and it’s all rosy LOL

ok lad

Hes given the fringe players a chance.

Theyve shown they arent good enough and embarassed themselves.

He now has leverage with Thelwell and the board to point at that performance and ask for them to be sold + funds made available to replace them.

Its right before the world cup break which gives time for the wheels to turn on the transfer front and looking at the quote below it appears as though hes done with alot of them.
? ? ?

Unfortunately expecting us to make the right signings in January is nothing more than false hope. If they didn't recognise them in August, there is not much evidence they will do it in January. I'm not sure how people can have faith in our recruitment at this point - it's as bad as ever
Kudus to be fair to the club was all but over the line but yes I can see your point. It is reasonable to expect that we will have 2 lined up as soon as the window opens because the gaping need is so clear. It has to happen.

Hes given the fringe players a chance.

Theyve shown they arent good enough and embarassed themselves.

He now has leverage with Thelwell and the board to point at that performance and ask for them to be sold + funds made available to replace them.

Its right before the world cup break which gives time for the wheels to turn on the transfer front and looking at the quote below it appears as though hes done with alot of them.
But we already know they aren't good enough. Last season's relegation battle is testament to that. Do you still hold out any hope for the Michael Keanes and Abdoulaye Doucoures of the world? I certainly don't, and nor does Frank Lampard because let's not pretend a positive result last night would have altered his thinking in any way about who his best players are. Those players last night are well past second chances already.

He should already have leverage over Thelwell (not that I think he needs any because as far as I can tell they are on the same page) as our attacking options are clearly not fit for purpose. If we don't want any relegation concerns post World Cup then the solutions are in the transfer market, not in our current squad.

He decided that the next game is not the most important game, so if he doesn't win on Saturday, then he needs to go. It's absolutely inexcusable what happenned and to try and blame players we already knew were not fit to wear the shirt, doesn't wash at all. He's the only reason they were on the field in the first place.
He definitely read the room wrong in terms of fan's attitude towards the cup last night, and my fear is that he'll be too scared to lose on Saturday and set out that way. But if we play really well, but draw, i wouldn't sack him (especially without knowing who'd replace him).

It's genuinely nice to see some of his quotes that came out from last night that basically showed he's fed up with some of these losers now himself, hopefully that means he'll get rid of them in January, I'd sooner have the u21s as the backup to the squad at least they'd be arsed. Win the weekend and set in motion a plan to get rid of these utter disgraces and then I'll accept that result last night.

He's absolutely right in his quotes when he said "they" should be able to complete, not "we", he got it wrong but there's only so much that he can legislate for on the touchline, you could quite easily make the case for never seeing at least 6 or 7 of that starting 11 ever again after last night and if that's the case then we will be much better off.

The scars left by the FSW run deep and last season was too traumatic for many of us. It was never going to be easy to undo the carnage the Pigman caused and it will take time with good and bad days.
Problem is it has got worse, maybe undoing it was going to be a slow process, but to actually make it worse is a worry

Just saw his interview after the game.

Fair play to him. A little part of me was expecting him to come up with some sort of excuse.. but he fully pointed the finger at the players just not turning up. He doesn't exactly gloss over the fact they he picked them either - looked genuinely miffed that they've let us down again.

lol. another Lampard worshipper.
What he didn't know they were inept already?
Lampard worshipper? ?‍♂️ You've got to back the manager mate and get behind him.

Things have progressed this year and the first 11 are much stronger than last year. Striking options side we are beginning to look a proper side and don't blame him for giving the fringe players a chance as they did exactly the same. Just re-enforced the message that they are not up to scratch,.

Status
Not open for further replies.