2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was very satisfied with yesterday's performance everything I wanted addressed last week was actually dealt with hopefully we can build on the promising showing and result. We actually passed the ball competently too!
the Gordon goal saw build-up passing play that was the best I have seen us put together since the Mirralis goal vs West Ham in 2013 (Moyes' last game in charge)

I suppose it’s where we should be looking at the City and Chelsea academies.

Thelwell wil have to earn his dough.

Not the Academy but Cole Palmer at City will be a superstar. I’d bite their hands off if we could get him on an 18 month loan in Jan.
(and yes, I know some will take issue about us ‘developing’ another team’s player, but we’re not competing with City and he’d be great to watch)

When we sold Richy I feared that we wouldn't be able to score enough goals, and that fear was completely justified. We have 11 goals in the "For" column - a ratio of 0.84 goals/game, which isn't good enough to leave us anthing other than well in the bottom half of the table if not fighting relegation.

All the teams above us have a much greater goal threat.

I know that Dominic Calvert-Lewin being injured has been a terrible blow, and I hope that we'll continue to improve in the right direction with him back and hopefully banging the goals in, but nonetheless we do need strengthening up front.
Are you predicting no goals for us in our next game?

the Gordon goal saw build-up passing play that was the best I have seen us put together since the Mirralis goal vs West Ham in 2013 (Moyes' last game in charge)

There’s been some very decent goals under Martinez and Ancelotti as well just nowhere near often enough. It’s good to see us being brave enough to move the ball through the lines though.

Stats don`t lie but can be "Spun"...

Everton in the Premier League
Frank Lampard P29 W8 D6 L15 GF27 GA43 GD-16 Points:30 PPM:1.03
Rafael Benitez P19 W5 D4 L10 GF24 GA34 GD-10 Points:19 PPM:1.00
Carlo Ancelotti P58 W25 D14 L19 GF71 GA75 GD-4 Points:89 PPM:1.53
Marco Silva P53 W19 D11 L23 GF70 GA73 GD-3 Points:68 PPM:1.28
Sam Allardyce P24 W9 D7 L8 GF27 GA30 GD-3 Points:34 PPM:1.42
Ronald Koeman P47 W19 D12 L16 GF69 GA62 GD+7 Points:69 PPM:1.47
Roberto Martinez P113 W43 D34 L36 GF165 GA144 GD+19 Points:163 PPM:1.44
Davis Moyes P427 W173 D123 L131 GF568 GA503 GD+65 Points:642 PPM:1.50

Managers by PPM
1- Carlo Ancelotti 1.53
2- David Moyes 1.50
3- Ronald Koeman 1.47
4- Roberto Martinez 1.44
5- Sam Allardyce 1.42
6- Marco Silva 1.28
7- Frank Lampard 1.03
8- Rafael Benitez 1.00

I think this just highlights how far away we are from the pre Benitez days, we are miles off it! Pressure needs to be applied to frank to get results, if he isn`t capable then we need to have some balls to try something else, I will not accept relegation because Frank is a nice fella and gets the club......

Hi mate. :bye: I really appreciate the effort you went to to provide us with these stats. Your timing was impeccable. Coming straight after 3 defeats on the bounce. I notice you weren't providing these stats when we'd just won 2 on the bounce...

Yet you actually said 'stats can be spun.' lol Oh, the irony.

Anyway, any chance of an update now?

It’s within reason and realistic to say we as a team are playing to a level that is less than the sum of its parts.

We’re currently 11th but are level on points with 2 clubs with a game in hand and additional 3rd with a game in hand that could overtake us with a win. I’m fully optimistic that we’ll retain our middle 3rd status but can’t help but feel like we could get more out of this squad. Just keep going bad to the what if of Carlo having this squad.

It’s within reason and realistic to say we as a team are playing to a level that is less than the sum of its parts.

We’re currently 11th but are level on points with 2 clubs with a game in hand and additional 3rd with a game in hand that could overtake us with a win. I’m fully optimistic that we’ll retain our middle 3rd status but can’t help but feel like we could get more out of this squad. Just keep going bad to the what if of Carlo having this squad.
Maybe because as a team they need to get to know each others game a bit more and gel.

This time last year we had
No Myko
No Coady
No Tarkowski
No Gana
No Onana
No Mcneil
No Mapauy
No Patterson
No Garner

So looking at that 90% of our first team is brand new, 12 moths ago our first choice defence we have now wasn't even at the club and neither was the manager FFS give it time.

Maybe because as a team they need to get to know each others game a bit more and gel.

This time last year we had
No Myko
No Coady
No Tarkowski
No Gana
No Onana
No Mcneil
No Mapauy
No Patterson
No Garner

So looking at that 90% of our first team is brand new, 12 moths ago our first choice defence we have now wasn't even at the club and neither was the manager FFS give it time.
A budget team also. Would be interesting to see how much those players cost compared to the players they have replaced

Stats don`t lie but can be "Spun"...

Everton in the Premier League
Frank Lampard P29 W8 D6 L15 GF27 GA43 GD-16 Points:30 PPM:1.03
Rafael Benitez P19 W5 D4 L10 GF24 GA34 GD-10 Points:19 PPM:1.00
Carlo Ancelotti P58 W25 D14 L19 GF71 GA75 GD-4 Points:89 PPM:1.53
Marco Silva P53 W19 D11 L23 GF70 GA73 GD-3 Points:68 PPM:1.28
Sam Allardyce P24 W9 D7 L8 GF27 GA30 GD-3 Points:34 PPM:1.42
Ronald Koeman P47 W19 D12 L16 GF69 GA62 GD+7 Points:69 PPM:1.47
Roberto Martinez P113 W43 D34 L36 GF165 GA144 GD+19 Points:163 PPM:1.44
Davis Moyes P427 W173 D123 L131 GF568 GA503 GD+65 Points:642 PPM:1.50

Managers by PPM
1- Carlo Ancelotti 1.53
2- David Moyes 1.50
3- Ronald Koeman 1.47
4- Roberto Martinez 1.44
5- Sam Allardyce 1.42
6- Marco Silva 1.28
7- Frank Lampard 1.03
8- Rafael Benitez 1.00

I think this just highlights how far away we are from the pre Benitez days, we are miles off it! Pressure needs to be applied to frank to get results, if he isn`t capable then we need to have some balls to try something else, I will not accept relegation because Frank is a nice fella and gets the club......
I love stuff like this because it completely lacks context, relative starting points and ignores direction of travel.

What was Moyes’ ppg after his first season in charge for instance?

How much has each manager spent in their time in charge?

Lampard took over while we were in the midst of one of our worst runs on record. The team and fans were in despair and we were deep into a relegation battle.

If you can’t see the difference between where we were then (the last time we played palace) and where we are now (playing them off the park) then I’m not entirely sure football is the sport for you.

I love stuff like this because it completely lacks context, relative starting points and ignores direction of travel.

What was Moyes’ ppg after his first season in charge for instance?

How much has each manager spent in their time in charge?

Lampard took over while we were in the midst of one of our worst runs on record. The team and fans were in despair and we were deep into a relegation battle.

If you can’t see the difference between where we were then (the last time we played palace) and where we are now (playing them off the park) then I’m not entirely sure football is the sport for you.
The Moyes era was practically a different era of football compared to these days. Back then it was a top 4 not a top 6 and the money that was invested/being thrown about clubs was nothing like it is today. All the clubs have a lot of money these days, back then only a few had serious money. You could pick up a half decent player for a few million whereas the basic benchmark is double figures these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.