2022/23 Conor Coady

Status
Not open for further replies.
It may surprise you but many actually wouldn't want him back.

It was stupid to let him go purely on squad depth but Nathan Collins has been great for us on the whole and looks a brilliant player. Unfortunately his big moment of madness came in a high profile game against City so it's kind of clouded the outside perception, but he is doing fine and looks good. If Collins and Kilman play the rest of the season when Collins returns from suspension I have zero doubts about our defence - and it was the best in the league until we faced City.

Have to say I'm very surprised with how Coady's playing in a back four as he really was abysmal for us in pre-season in that position so huge credit to Lampard for that, although the games I've seen you've had similar problems to us over the years in the sense that you're not free-flowing going forward and we put that down to a deep defensive line that Coady brings. But right now you obviously don't care!

Another post from a family member of his having a dig at Lage after his sacking today so something clearly went on.

However, fair play to him, a great deal for you both financially and with Coady bringing qualities you lack, so no-brainer for you to make it permanent and nothing we can do about it.

We're hoping our problem went today and it's clear Lage alienated a lot of players.

It was stupid to let him go purely on squad depth but Nathan Collins has been great for us on the whole and looks a brilliant player. Unfortunately his big moment of madness came in a high profile game against City so it's kind of clouded the outside perception, but he is doing fine and looks good. If Collins and Kilman play the rest of the season when Collins returns from suspension I have zero doubts about our defence - and it was the best in the league until we faced City.

Have to say I'm very surprised with how Coady's playing in a back four as he really was abysmal for us in pre-season in that position so huge credit to Lampard for that, although the games I've seen you've had similar problems to us over the years in the sense that you're not free-flowing going forward and we put that down to a deep defensive line that Coady brings. But right now you obviously don't care!

Another post from a family member of his having a dig at Lage after his sacking today so something clearly went on.

However, fair play to him, a great deal for you both financially and with Coady bringing qualities you lack, so no-brainer for you to make it permanent and nothing we can do about it.

We're hoping our problem went today and it's clear Lage alienated a lot of players.

Coady would stroll back into your team and be your best centre back by several heads and shoulders.

Found it absolutely bizarre they let him leave. Was never a “fan” given his previous association either.
He clearly pushed for a move, what do we do?

Collins and Kilman are perfectly fine. Coady wouldn't stay as third choice so we let him move.

Our problem is at the other end haha.

Coady would stroll back into your team and be your best centre back by several heads and shoulders.
I like Coady and he's been good for us but Kilman and Collins are both good centre backs. Wolves' problem is definitely not their defending.

I saw you played Neves as a sweeper yesterday. Surely Wolves fans could see Coady is better suited to that role?

Either way, Coady has been really good for us, and is a hig reason why we have the best defensive record in the league.

I saw you played Neves as a sweeper yesterday. Surely Wolves fans could see Coady is better suited to that role?

Either way, Coady has been really good for us, and is a hig reason why we have the best defensive record in the league.
Yeah he definitely would be.

Coady would be our third choice, so it made little sense to sell him from a squad perspective. I can only presume he wanted to go.

We've rolled the dice regularly over the years in terms of not having enough cover and it's cost us. Jimenez not having a backup initially after head injury, lack of midfield for years and now only two suitable centre-backs, so with Collins out the manager decides to play Neves instead of the younger lads.

I can see why Coady didn't want to be third choice but we left ourselves short. Either Coady or Boly had to stay, but the latter also pushed for a move and we failed to bring in Craig Dawson.

But yeah, genuinely pleased for Coady, has shocked a lot of Wolves fans with how he's adapted to a back four.

Yeah he definitely would be.

Coady would be our third choice, so it made little sense to sell him from a squad perspective. I can only presume he wanted to go.

We've rolled the dice regularly over the years in terms of not having enough cover and it's cost us. Jimenez not having a backup initially after head injury, lack of midfield for years and now only two suitable centre-backs, so with Collins out the manager decides to play Neves instead of the younger lads.

I can see why Coady didn't want to be third choice but we left ourselves short. Either Coady or Boly had to stay, but the latter also pushed for a move and we failed to bring in Craig Dawson.

But yeah, genuinely pleased for Coady, has shocked a lot of Wolves fans with how he's adapted to a back four.
I've not seen a lot of Kilman or Collins, but Coady has been really good here.

Who are your backup CBs?

This sacking Lage after letting Coady go is nearly as bad as us with Digne and the Spanish fraud.
Very much agree in principle. However, I do believe that has now worked out for the best. Digne is ageing and is also not setting the world on fire at Villa. His fee allowed us to get 2 players in, both of whom are pretty great.

Status
Not open for further replies.