Confirmed Signing Youssef Chermiti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do good teamsheet vibes win us games

As daft and nonsensical as that sounds I do actually reckon the team sheet has an effect on the match going crowd and therefore atmosphere. So many times last season you could feel a deflation around the entire ground at kick off time when Maupay was starting. It might not make any difference whatsoever to how the team performs on the pitch but it definitely does have an impact on the fans.

Its definitely a balancing act, but given what appear to be limited resources and the window closing in September, fans setting the Fulham game as an arbitrary deadline to judge the window just aren't being very realistic.
Understand the limited resources and we cannot use by this weekend as a judgement, however, that longer term thinking should have been happening since the January transfer window at the latest and been in a good position for this weekend.

Even if we bring anyone in, in time for the Fulham game we are realistically not likely to see them until end of this month at the earliest anyway. If as we are going and looks again like any business is to be done at the back end of the month then earliest again we will see them is the Arsenal game (likely). Missing 4 important games early in the season..... Frustrating!

Anyhow, re the longer term thinking I completely agree that this is the way we should be going....

As daft and nonsensical as that sounds I do actually reckon the team sheet has an effect on the match going crowd and therefore atmosphere. So many times last season you could feel a deflation around the entire ground at kick off time when Maupay was starting. It might not make any difference whatsoever to how the team performs on the pitch but it definitely does have an impact on the fans.

I don't think seeing this randomers name on the bench at Fulham will whip the crowd up to lead us to victory where we would have failed without the name.

Just my feelings.

My Chermiti, passed his medical today
My Chermiti, better than Neal Maupay
My Chermiti, see you maybe again in '24,
You're the only one I want to score
How I wish that you were playin'

Status
Not open for further replies.