Youngsters/Not Good Enough/Not Gonna Make it etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
About two of England's under 21s would get in the Spain/Germany U21s squad. Young English players are massively overhyped. In fact, English players in general. In remember the BBC in 2010 saying that Milner was better than Ozil and Barry was better than Khedira.

We could never loan Duffy at the moment because we need four Center defenders, it's a part of being a premier league club, most teams have four players that can play in center defence, most can also play either lb or rb (see Distin, Heitinga and Jags) but you do need four. Duffy came in useful last year when we needed him, unless we get a new defender without selling Heitinga, Moyes won't loan Duffy. However I think Duffy proved himself last year and I believe we'd be better of getting a defender who could improve and start starting Duffy...But i'm not on several million a year to coach a football team so y'know.

I always keep wondering why lunstrum hasnt been loaned out or had a go for the first team , hes certainly got better creditials with england etc then barkley did

Always seems to have cracking games for the reserves , i havent seen much of him tho if someone wants to tell me

George Thorne a 20 year old acadamy player has been playing def mid for WBA in their last couple of games -
the important thing is that those 5 players with only 90 min playing time between form your spare wheel - on which you have to rely in case of emergency -
a few injuries and or transfers and they are chucked in at the deep end - and will probably sink mainly as a result of inexperience due to lack of playing time -
that brings me back to the key question - what has Mr Moyes done so far this season to prepare our spare wheel as well as he can for the day when we are going to fall back on them -
my humble opinion is that he has missed a few opportunities to play them in some games like Cheltenham and in stead of regulars who have never really struck form the whole season

We could never loan Duffy at the moment because we need four Center defenders, it's a part of being a premier league club, most teams have four players that can play in center defence, most can also play either lb or rb (see Distin, Heitinga and Jags) but you do need four..

I think this is a bit of a chicken and egg thing. Duffy is not considered to step in since he's to inexperienced but Moyes is reluctant to loan him out because he's the best 4th choice we have. Problem is, I don't see Duffy starting or getting game time if four of Jags, Distin, Heitinga, Hibbert and Neville aren't out at the same time.
I'd say loan him out, most loans come with a recall option, so if injuries strike there shouldn't be a problem. Makes no sense having him just sit there.
Duffy replied to a tweet yesterday when someone said he'd be likely to get 1st team appearances soon with 'Yes, hopefully somewhere.' or something similar. Not exactly inspiring.

Status
Not open for further replies.