Yobo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Henry described Ledley King as the best defender he'd faced, not Yobo.

Yobo and Lescott have far better physical attributes, Jagielka's is still a far better defender. He doesn't need pace and power, he's reads the situation.

Yobo's distribution is also woeful, both Jags and Jobo are hoofers.

He read the Villa game well ;)lol

As for Henry, he said King was the fairest defender, but 90% sure he said Yobo was the best he come across after moving to Barca. Not that it matters...

I guarentee most fans in the Prem rate Jags below Yobo and Lescott. A Spurs fan described Jagielka as "A poor mans Carragher", I argued the toss but sadly... its a fair description.

Jags is a decent centre back imo. Why? Because as you agree, his distribution is woeful. If we are to seriously challenge the top four, is that good enough? He has potential, it will be interesting to see how he does.

He read the Villa game well ;)lol

As for Henry, he said King was the fairest defender, but 90% sure he said Yobo was the best he come across after moving to Barca. Not that it matters...

I guarentee most fans in the Prem rate Jags below Yobo and Lescott. A Spurs fan described Jagielka as "A poor mans Carragher", I argued the toss but sadly... its a fair description.

Jags is a decent centre back imo. Why? Because as you agree, his distribution is woeful. If we are to seriously challenge the top four, is that good enough? He has potential, it will be interesting to see how he does.

Are you telling me Yobo has good distribution? He really doesn't, none of our back four do. If you look at the stats, both Yobo and Jagielka's passing stats are very similar. They are both hoofers.

They probably rate him under Lescott yes, Yobo though? I think it'd be pretty split. Yobo is also underrated, very few opposition fans talk about him and it's the same with Jags. It means nothing really, we are the ones that see him week in week out, not them.

A poor mans Carragher? Nothing wrong with that, Carragher is a top class centre back, he's proven that over the past few years. He proves that you don't need to be a ball playing centre back to succeed at a higher level, he's also a hoofer and lacks natural ability.

Defending is an art. It's not about physical attributes, it's about reading the situation and using your head. Jagielka is lightyears ahead of both Yobo and Lescott when it comes to defending. So much so that he doesn't need the physique and power of the other two.

Yobo and Lescott are both good players, Jagielka is a step ahead in my opinion and always will be. Although Lescott is a superb left back, that's his best position.

Are you telling me Yobo has good distribution? He really doesn't, none of our back four do. If you look at the stats, both Yobo and Jagielka's passing stats are very similar. They are both hoofers.

They probably rate him under Lescott yes, Yobo though? I think it'd be pretty split. Yobo is also underrated, very few opposition fans talk about him and it's the same with Jags. It means nothing really, we are the ones that see him week in week out, not them.

A poor mans Carragher? Nothing wrong with that, Carragher is a top class centre back, he's proven that over the past few years. He proves that you don't need to be a ball playing centre back to succeed at a higher level, he's also a hoofer and lacks natural ability.

Defending is an art. It's not about physical attributes, it's about reading the situation and using your head. Jagielka is lightyears ahead of both Yobo and Lescott when it comes to defending. So much so that he doesn't need the physique and power of the other two.

Yobo and Lescott are both good players, Jagielka is a step ahead in my opinion and always will be. Although Lescott is a superb left back, that's his best position.

Thats the thing toccy, he doesnt read the game that well. He relies on his pace to get back and fix his error. His Villa mistake was just waiting to happen, you can only get away with so much.
Would he get into any of the top 4's squad, never mind the 1st 11 - Answer a resounding No.
Would he have got into any of our top league sides? - Answer a resounding No.

A decent squad player and would only have him in the team at the moment because we have no-one to partner Yobo other than Lescott (who i believe is a better full back) and would also mean the god awful Baines coming into the side

Yobo is class no doubt.
Consistent , strong and has pace which is exactly what you need in a centre back. Id say he's better than Jags but should definatly be the pairing of Yobo and Jagielka at Centre Half with Lescott Left back when Yobo returns from his injury.

I would agree with the majority of comments that yobo is a good, underated defender
but i would say as a whole our defence is better as Hibbert, Yobo, Jag, Lescott, as jagielka is a 'back to the wall defender' who thrives on a bit of pressure, whilst hibbert is reliable and never scared to throw himself into a tackle

Our entire defence is woeful at distributing the ball and it makes me sick. I would say overall our three centre backs are about on a level. If he is on the top of his game tho, Yobo is the pick of the bunch for me. He's the fastest, outstanding in the air, good at tackling and when he's playing well he actually reads the game very well. Jags is good at reading the game btw HBaloo, but I see your point, he's not exceptional at it to the extent that it makes him automatically a brilliant player.

Thats the thing toccy, he doesnt read the game that well. He relies on his pace to get back and fix his error. His Villa mistake was just waiting to happen, you can only get away with so much.
Would he get into any of the top 4's squad, never mind the 1st 11 - Answer a resounding No.
Would he have got into any of our top league sides? - Answer a resounding No.

A decent squad player and would only have him in the team at the moment because we have no-one to partner Yobo other than Lescott (who i believe is a better full back) and would also mean the god awful Baines coming into the side

He reads the game very well. Most of his last ditch tackles are actually covering for other team mates to be honest, watch them and have a look yourself. The likes of Carragher, Terry and Stubbs are also masters of the last ditch tackle, it's an art. If it's gets the ball away that's all that matters.

Yobo and Lescott both make mistakes. Out of the back four he's made the least mistakes the season and has been the best. That is quite obvious, the majority of us know this. David Moyes knows this. Sadly you seem to completely miss Yobo and Lescott's mistakes.

Jags will continue to be in the first eleven, That's just the way it is to be honest. Moyes knows he's a class act and our best centre back.

He reads the game very well. Most of his last ditch tackles are actually covering for other team mates to be honest, watch them and have a look yourself. The likes of Carragher, Terry and Stubbs are also masters of the last ditch tackle, it's an art. If it's gets the ball away that's all that matters.

Yobo and Lescott both make mistakes. Out of the back four he's made the least mistakes the season and has been the best. That is quite obvious, the majority of us know this. David Moyes knows this. Sadly you seem to completely miss Yobo and Lescott's mistakes.

Jags will continue to be in the first eleven, That's just the way it is to be honest. Moyes knows he's a class act and our best centre back.

I honestly dont think Moyes considers him the best centre half mate. Your somewhat strecthing the realms of reality there. Where did i say the other 2 dont make mistakes? Most of Jags last ditchers are his own mistake

I honestly dont think Moyes considers him the best centre half mate. Your somewhat strecthing the realms of reality there. Where did i say the other 2 dont make mistakes? Most of Jags last ditchers are his own mistake

So why are Yobo and Lescott good enough then? They all make there mistakes, they all do a good job for us aswell. For every Jags mistake I could name you a Yobo mistake.

To be honest you didn't even rate Yobo on NSNO, you said he made too many mistakes from what I remember. Changed your mind again.lol

So why are Yobo and Lescott good enough then? They all make there mistakes, they all do a good job for us aswell. For every Jags mistake I could name you a Yobo mistake.

To be honest you didn't even rate Yobo on NSNO, you said he made too many mistakes from what I remember. Changed your mind again.lol

You seem to quote an awful lot of stuff i did on a site 4 yrs ago mate! Cracking memory or simply stretching the truth!
Yobo made mistakes when he come but he has grown into a very good defender who makes less mistakes than all of them.
Yobo/Lescott are cultured defenders and athletes who would grace most sides, Jag is none of these things. He isnt talented, makes mistakes and wouldnt get into any other top side other than ourselves

I honestly wouldnt like to split our 3 CBs, i think, this season that Jags has been our best, then Yobo and then Lescott, time will tell how good Lescott will become at CB, he needs and wants more games there.

Jags > rest of the team!

Lescott is a quality CB though when he gets a good run playing there like he did for the Wolves.

Status
Not open for further replies.