Would you pay £24m for Lukaku?

What is the maximum you'd pay for Rom?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hardly got any service at all last night in a game where we created very little and scored three fortunate goals.

I think McGeady is awful. The Pienaar of a couple of years ago would have created much more for Rom, and would bring out the best in Baines. There must be something wrong with him (i.e. he's past it and that's obvious in training) for McGeady to keep getting the nod...
He's looked past it since this time last year but he's also getting back from injury so who knows. McGeady is the best option we have although personally I would try Garbutt.

I'm confused how people are saying he's not getting the service, yet also pointing out how many goals he's scored.

Which, you know, requires service.
He's not getting loads of chances but he's converting almost every one he gets.

If we played with a bit more pace I think Rom could easily get 20 a season.

I'm confused how people are saying he's not getting the service, yet also pointing out how many goals he's scored.

Which, you know, requires service.
He's not getting enough balls played in behind for him to run on to, and there's nowhere near enough crosses coming into the box from the byline.

Rom would've scored last night if Mirallas had squared to him instead of falling over softly under Dunne's challenge.

Another one too where somebody (McGeady?) whipped it low across the box but too far ahead of Rom.

I'm not sure what my point is here...

Yeah.

Rom would've scored last night if Mirallas had squared to him instead of falling over softly under Dunne's challenge.

Another one too where somebody (McGeady?) whipped it low across the box but too far ahead of Rom.

I'm not sure what my point is here...

Yeah.

Point is if the service is there, he will score. He isn't the type of player who would consistently make chances for himself.

So having 7 goals so far this season isn't a decent return? Jesus wept
he seems incapable of holding the ball up, a pretty fundamental skill for a striker.
If he cant the ball just comes back at our defence.
His job isnt just to score goals!
He played a nice one two with Barkley for the goal and it isn't the first time this season he's done that.

He finds it harder when the defender is tight and whenever there's no one close to flick it to. Hopefully that will come because I don't think it's ability but rather the desire to throw his weight around.

BtzoOxmCQAENl9X.jpg

Game, set and match.

So essentially, if Lukaku scores, it's because he's a lethal finisher. If he doesn't score, it's everyone elses fault for not giving him the service.

So there's absolutely no way Lukaku can be criticised for a poor performance by that logic. It's far too black and white.

If he's not getting this so-called service, then he's part of the front line and as such it's part of his job to create the opportunity for that service to be provided. And this is seemingly what people aren't understanding; yes, he'll play gash and score a goal 1 in 2 games perhaps, but the problem is whenever he doesn't score, he's just gash.

So essentially, if Lukaku scores, it's because he's a lethal finisher. If he doesn't score, it's everyone elses fault for not giving him the service.

So there's absolutely no way Lukaku can be criticised for a poor performance by that logic. It's far too black and white.

If he's not getting this so-called service, then he's part of the front line and as such it's part of his job to create the opportunity for that service to be provided. And this is seemingly what people aren't understanding; yes, he'll play gash and score a goal 1 in 2 games perhaps, but the problem is whenever he doesn't score, he's just gash.

If he was a lethal finisher, scoring 1 in 2 and did everything else that you suggested as well...he wouldn't be playing for us right now

This will hopefully improve as he matures

I remember people complaining that Sheedy didn't tackle...

If he was a lethal finisher, scoring 1 in 2 and did everything else that you suggested as well...he wouldn't be playing for us right now

This will hopefully improve as he matures

I remember people complaining that Sheedy didn't tackle...

What "everything else"? I'm just asking him to learn how to trap a ball and give a simple five yard pass, not turn into a footballing supergod.

He never got much service tonight set up the first crucial goal -stop moaning about him - he will come good!"
He is still our top goal scorer - started the season injured playing also!

Status
Not open for further replies.