Potter - but I assume he'd say no...

Kovac
Lampard
Striech (Freiburg)
Rooney
Favre

Kind of in that order for me

If we have no plan then Dunc as caretaker and appoint in summer
I think potter would come. We are in a mess but we are massive compared to Brighton. He would probably not come during a season tho. So that would mean Dunc having to keep us up.

Is there anyone at all out there who can make even a half decent fist of the job?

No is the answer imo.

Unless DCL, Richarlison or to a lesser extent Pickford is sold for a massive price in the summer there is little money to rebuild the squad that is clearly not good enough.

Even Carlo Ancelotti couldn't get us higher than 10th.

Hard to convince someone to come and turn around the fortunes of a team so bad even the likes of Ancalotti can't fix them, and that's with financial backing the new guy won't be getting to turn around Benitez's mess.

I would go for an eager Championship manager, that's our where we are shopping now and there are some decent players around, just need someone that knows the league inside/out and has a clue. We tried the uncaring supername managers and the try hard internationals, need someone willing to work for the job imo.

It'll be Duncan Ferguson. They won't have a list of alternative candidates.
I really hope it's not Ferguson. He has served under 5 failed Everton managers, being part of the coaching of some of the worst Everton performances I've ever seen.
I feel he would get tactically embarrassed by more astute managers. Could he deal in the transfer market? How would he react to a run of defeats??? Especially if the crowd turned (and they would).
I think Frank Lampard (with John Terry) would be a decent appointment. He did well at Derby, and considering he couldn't buy players at Chelsea, he did a decent job. Young, hungry, and Everton is a big job still, i think he would jump at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.