Who should be starting keeper vs. Sunderland

Howard or Joel as #1

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't link because I'm quoting Facebook but apparently Martinez has said that there 'is never a doubt' that Howard starts at the weekend.

Joel was, throughout the game, himself. I thought he had the moment of the game - his save from Lewis Grabban was terrific. His composure and demeanour was very good and his penalty save from Wes Hoolahan was very impressive.

“I am very pleased for Joel because he had been working very hard behind the scenes and is starting to show how reliable he is.”

Hopefully he starts

On the phone after the game I offered my mate (who we had both agreed Robles was good tonight) a straight £5 bet that Howard would start the next league game and he wouldn't take it.
It would be a crime if Robles hasn't earned his chance to grab the first team spot but unfortunately I don't see it.

On the phone after the game I offered my mate (who we had both agreed Robles was good tonight) a straight £5 bet that Howard would start the next league game and he wouldn't take it.
It would be a crime if Robles hasn't earned his chance to grab the first team spot but unfortunately I don't see it.
Martinez got asked about it after the game and said there was no doubt that Howard would start against Sunderland

It won't happen, but I'd throw the gloves in Robles direction. If he catches them, then he starts.

He was a bit nervous to start with tonight, and, if you didn't look closely, you might have thought their goal was due to Howard not coming off his line, but tonight, Robles was to blame a bit.

But, as the match went on, he made a few good saves, collected a cross that Tim would have kept a careful eye on from his goalline, got a fist on something in his six yard area, got some decent clearances made and saved a penalty. His confidence could only be increased by telling him he starts against S'land.

I doubt very much it'll happen, so can only hope that Howard is motivated by the fact that Robles played well tonight and pulls his finger out.

Status
Not open for further replies.