Who should be our lead striker next season ?

Who should be our lead striker ?

• Anichebe

Votes: 10 5.5%
  • Fellaini

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jelavic

Votes: 143 79.0%
  • Kone

Votes: 18 9.9%
  • Miralles

Votes: 7 3.9%
  • Vellios

Votes: 3 1.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

tadpole

Player Valuation: £15m
Now that we've had our first look at Kone, time this had its own thread.

I assume that it's between Jelavic, Anichebe and Kone, but have added the other options for completeness. If by any wild chance we go and buy another multi-million pound striker by August 31st then someone had better do a new poll.

I think we'v got 3 squad strikers tbh. Neither one of them has all the attributes to be a guaranteed first choice striker. IMO we need a top striker coming in still. If that means selling jelavic to do it then so be it.

If I had to be pushed at the mo with our current 3, I think vic would just be shading it over jelavic (who actually seems to have rediscovered a little goalscoring touch) but the rest of his play is still looking very poor!

I do find it odd he spent 5M on kone when selling jelavic and combining the monies would of allowed for 10-12M to buy a striker.

Kone cant possibly be judged yet. On the basis of last season we need to play him rather than Jelavic, who's all round play isn't up to it.

On pre-season games so far only - Jelavic, always go with the in form striker when talent levels are similar.

On pre-season games so far only - Jelavic, always go with the in form striker when talent levels are similar.

Whilst I agree with the general statement, I think overall vic has offered the most to the team. Although you can't ignore jelavic scoring 3 in 2 half games. Next 2 games will decide who starts vs Norwich.

Whilst I agree with the general statement, I think overall vic has offered the most to the team. Although you can't ignore jelavic scoring 3 in 2 half games. Next 2 games will decide who starts vs Norwich.

I f Vic could convince me he could hit double figures I'd play him he has definitely improved 100 fold last season.

Kone cant possibly be judged yet. On the basis of last season we need to play him rather than Jelavic, who's all round play isn't up to it.

If Jelavic keeps scoring and Kone gets back to last season's form (as I'm sure he will) I for one am happy with our striker options. I voted Jelavic but either will do as far as I'm concerned. That said, let's wait and see shall we?

When playing home or against weak teams, Jelavic

When playing away or against stronger teams, Kone

If Jelavic keeps scoring and Kone gets back to last season's form (as I'm sure he will) I for one am happy with our striker options. I voted Jelavic but either will do as far as I'm concerned. That said, let's wait and see shall we?

I'm afraid last season's horror shows have shaken my faith in Jelavic completely.

Based solely on pre-season so far, you'd have to say Jelavic & if the season was starting tomorrow, he'd be the name on the team sheet, as you always pick strikers on form.

However, given the Ramadan issue for Kone, it's probably unfair to try & make a meaningful comparison at this point in time.

Got to say I'm please we're seeing Jelavic look lively though, bodes well that.

The position is up for grabs, any of them could make it theirs. Kone has to prove himself to us, but his tally last term with a relegated side was very good. Jelavic needs to rediscover his form and confidence in front of goal, he needs to return to what comes naturally to him he appears to be over thinking when he gets a chance. Victor just needs to score more goals he is a handful and must be awful for opposition defenders but he doensn't get enough goals. Hopefully 1 of them will step up and do the job and make the role their own! My call is that Kone will hold the place most of the season and probably get 15 or so goals! Jelavic 10, and victor 8. Mirrallas will get a few but won't play as an out and out striker.

Based solely on pre-season so far, you'd have to say Jelavic & if the season was starting tomorrow, he'd be the name on the team sheet, as you always pick strikers on form.

However, given the Ramadan issue for Kone, it's probably unfair to try & make a meaningful comparison at this point in time.

Got to say I'm please we're seeing Jelavic look lively though, bodes well that.

I think your ignoring vic's actual performances, just looking at jelavic's goals. Vic has been the best overall player, jelavic has scored the most but still looks awfull in all round play. Kone is too hungry to judge!

Status
Not open for further replies.