• 50's

• 60's

• NEVER!!!!!!!!!!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm 60.
I won't see us lift another pot
Well we might if a certain few clubs clear off and form their super league.

This football supporting thing for me anyway is a welcome distraction from life's problems.

Even just talking about our trials and tribulations as a club is a form of escape i think.

To cut a long story short if we never see Everton win a major trophy again, as long as i have my health and can pay the bills then i'll find a way to cope.

Well we might if a certain few clubs clear off and form their super league.

This football supporting thing for me anyway is a welcome distraction from life's problems.

Even just talking about our trials and tribulations as a club is a form of escape i think.

To cut a long story short if we never see Everton win a major trophy again, as long as i have my health and can pay the bills then i'll find a way to cope.
Even if they do start a superleague, they will most probably still be in the prem. having their cake and eating it - whilst we hope for crumbs. They broke football for the masses, developing superball for the rich few. Unfortunately we are worse than poor.

But maybe one day, in 10+ years, we may be being run properly and get good, sustainable investment. We can but hope…

You ok mate?
Myself...I'm the reverse, luckily.
Had a great day with my son and Grandson with the game on in the background followed by a chippy tea.
Had enough Everton that moments.
I'm fine mate i was talking about the world in general. The situation in Ukraine and Gaza, the possibility of Trump round two and all that.

Talking about Everton is a welcome release from the negative things in the world, even if our plight is fairly miserable at the moment.

On a personal level Everton are my only source of angst at the moment, so i'm counting myself lucky on that front thankfully.

Leicester nearly went down, changed manager and won the Premier League.

Villa nearly went down, appointed Gerrard and after seeing he wasn`t working appointed Emery and where are they now.

I`m sure those clubs weren`t saying "just appoint Dyche or Allardyce to just stay in the league"... No they wanted better for their club, we just accept crap.

That is why we`ve never won a trophy and never will. Our fans like the spirited fight and the heroic failures, probably more than winning them battles.

Not in my lifetime given the current state.

If there's a possibility that we stay up and the 'Super 6' bugger off. Then maybe.🤔

I think only Man United and Arsenal have been to more FA Cup semi finals than us.

Yet we only have five FA Cup wins despite going to the well so often in that competition.

We probably should have more league titles as well. We were the reigning champions when both world wars broke out after all!

And only 3 post 1995. We reached more FA Cup finals than that just in the 80s and another FA Cup semi final and two other quarter finals in the 80s.

Sheffield United have reached 4 FA Cup semi finals since 1995 and they weren't even a PL club in those seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.