• 30's

• 40's

• 50's

• 60's

• NEVER!!!!!!!!!!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am 66 and I am fortunate enough to have seen us win titles and cups, those days are long gone and I won't see us win anything again, do something else with your weekends, something less stressful like fishing or a nice stroll in the country side,you will be much happier.
I saw us win the titles, Fa Cup, and Cup winners cup. It was a great period. I feel sorry for the youngsters who have never got to experience this, and probably never will.

I think we need to be realistic here...with the huge difference right now between the top 6/7 teams and the others, it could be a generation before we win a trophy and this is applicable to most of the teams in the PL.

I love the title of this thread, but feel the word "trophy" needs to be replaced with the word "match".

Fail to win on Tuesday and we could be five or six points from safety by the time we next win a game.

I think we need to be realistic here...with the huge difference right now between the top 6/7 teams and the others, it could be a generation before we win a trophy and this is applicable to most of the teams in the PL.
Being realistic is accepting we have a closed shop. We are in a league where only the chosen few can win anything. May as well play in the Scottish Prem. The bias for certain teams has been there for years, in the media, without doubt with decisions on the field, and now on controlled spending where they make up the rules as they go along. We are playing in a league where we have no idea where we actually are in terms of points due to an appeal that has no date and a second charge that will probably be decided after the games have all finished. Is that football? is that fair? How dare we try to build a new stadium and try and improve. Then, the way the club has been managed, or should I say 'Run into the ground'. I guess I am just getting too old for it all now? I just cannot be arsed anymore, golf is far more enjoyable. I would really love them to win something for the younger fans, they all deserve medals for putting up with this pantomime. Yesterday, was the first time I have sat in the ground and thought "I am not sure I want to come back here again" and it was still 1-1 at the time. In August it will be 50 years since my lovely dad took me to my first game at Goodison. I would not change any of it, but I am far from certain I want it to continue. Yep, I am a moaning old git, but probably I am just at that age where enjoyable things matter more? Still, I guess at will be screaming at the telly on Tuesday lol.

In the last ten years only Leicester has won any of the domestic trophies outside of the “top 6”. The only hope u really have of winning something is getting into that conference league a la west ham but you’ve now got the Saudi sponsored project to compete with as well as the other 6. Throw in well run outfits like villa Brighton and w ham and it becomes a bigger pipe dream.

As someone has said - the championship is the most likely trophy we’ll win.

They've mostly been out the top flight in that time. Winning cups is harder now, particularly post-City and Chelsea, but our domestic cup record is still not good enough in terms of reaching the later rounds. Particularly when you look at the teams putting us out.
I think only Man United and Arsenal have been to more FA Cup semi finals than us.

Yet we only have five FA Cup wins despite going to the well so often in that competition.

We probably should have more league titles as well. We were the reigning champions when both world wars broke out after all!

I actually thought that but didn't want to say it
That is not a certainty either - unless Dyche or a n other can rebuild a team on pure youngsters with a bit of experience .... with fast attacking goal scoring football - TBH if we had not had been deducted 10 points we would be just ok ....

New ground to come would have given us a chance to attract players too .....

I started as a young lad in 1963 - the blues were brilliant in a very hard league .....we had a fantastic youth system ...

Football has rules in place to stop "small" teams winning, for me it started in 2005 when an obviously fixed CL draw and an even more obviously fixed refereeing performance were in place to keep us out of the CL and away from the badley needed extra few million it would have earned us... that was our last real chance to kick on and be able to attract a better quality of player and have the money to do so but it was taken from us by UEFA. Now its been fixed for the big clubs that even if another club qualifies for the CL they still can't spend to remain competitive.. we may never win a cup again because we aren't supposed to.

Status
Not open for further replies.